View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #36
pissedcustom
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTO View Post
I am not a mechanic for BMW or any other car maker. I'm just a regular car guy like everyone else here.

As for going back and asking them to have the felt extended...i didn't see that in first posting or I misread it.

As I said before kudos to you for going straight to the top.

I'm sure the dealer doesn't get reimbursed to trouble shoot the problem. Was the owner/manager of the dealer unprofessional - probably? Is it debatable? Perhaps. But for customer service it's how you perceived to be treated and that's all that matters.

Is this a serious safety issue or mechanical issue for the e90 that would cause the car not to function? no. so i can see the dealers stance as they are in a rock and a hard place. they can't spend the time trouble shooting all these niggly problems and not get paid.

i think it's a learned lesson for all us in terms of how dealers get paid and how to get around it. if BMW HQ wants to keep a customer happy they will fund the work. just need to push the 'right buttons'. does it suck that we as consumers need to do this? probably, but i'm sure all other car dealers /manufacturer relationships are no different. dealers don't have infinite funds. that nice dealer building does have to be paid for somehow.
ChrisTO - Trust me when I tell you that they were unprofessional - especially the Service Rep and the SErvice Manager. If I posted my letter to the CEO you would see what I deal with. It was beyond crazy for a BMW dealership - you just don't expect that from BMW. It was shocking service. I just didn't want to bore everyone will all the nitty gritty and the conversations back and forth. Some of it may seem petty but after the crappy service it's difficult to let anything slide.

People who buy BMWs don't just want their cars to be safe and to function. They want them to be awesome rides, comfortable, quiet, well made, etc.. That's why you pay a premium.
pissedcustom is offline   Reply With Quote