View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
Hawaii
2nd Gear Member

I shouldn't have to chill out. Listen, I get that Bimmersport is a reputable shop. But we're talking about my Moms safety.

I probably wouldn't be making such a big deal about it if the weather wasn't really bad. She got the car back Wednesday night, and had been driving until last night (over 24 hours) before she realized she had no brake lights.

If you can remember, over that period has been nothing short of rainstorms. I think we can all relate to how poor the visibility can be when its raining heavy and in certain scenarios, like traffic, we've all found ourselves braking late due to visibility and other always-present factors. Can you imagine what NOT having brake lights (or any rear lights) would contribute to this situation, especially at dusk/night. My mom drives about 200km a day.

I guess the thing to take a way from all of this is to check everything yourself before driving away after getting your car serviced. Crack the trunk, check your lights, make sure some dummy didn't leave your lights plugged in and rattling around in your trunk.
'93 Honda Del Sol SOLD
'94 JDM Integra GSR SOLD
'01 330i SOLD
'01 M3 Cabriolet