View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigIS View Post
Your mostly true. Years ago in London, I was driving in the rain, and I was not familiar with the town at that time. I was cut off just at the top of a hill coming up to a set of traffic lights. On the down grade of the hill there were a line of cars stopped. I saw this the second after being cut off. I slammed on my brakes (car didn't have ABS), I started to skid, and cranked my wheel hard left, but went straight into the car stopped in front of me. I was then rear ended by another car. The car who rear ended me gave a statement that coincided with mine. My charge of careless was dropped after the other drivers statement.

Sometimes a witness can help out. Other times, not so much. It all depends on how fast you were going, and how closely you were folowing, like NOTORIOUS said.
Very true, I guess if you and the witness can make it seem that somehow it was really the other guys fault or at least somewhat you can get off the charge.

Really in the end it will depend on the Judge and the officers testimony as well. If he did his homework I doubt very much that a witness will help.