View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Christie Blatchford - Fifteen Days

Grounded in insights gained over the course of several trips to Afghanistan, and drawing on hundreds of hours of interviews not only with the service-men and -women but with their commanders and family members as well, Cristie Blantford creates a detailed, complex and deeply affecting picture of military life in the twenty-first century.

"This book will open your eyes to this brutal war and it is worthy of our brave young men and women. It is a tough book written by a tough broad who tells it like it is. I could not put the book down" - Don Cherry

"Fifteen Days resonates with truth... with context, texture and candour." - Rosie Dimanno, Toronto Star

"This is not a book about geopolitics, it's about soldiers and soldiering in the cauldron of combat, and equally, if not more, about the impact of those experiences on the families and friends left behind... Compelling, gut-wrenching and, unfortunately, real" - Major-General Lewis Mackenzie (Ret'd)

My girlfriend picked this book up for me because I applied for the Armed Forces to serve my country. This book is a MUST read if you agree or disagree with the war, it is truly about the people who go day in out to help better the lives of others. I myself have teared up on some parts of this book because of how real this book is. Truly a must.

It's only 22$, but one of the best 22$ you've spent on a book. Has many picture of the actual soldiers that have passed and some of the wreckage that they have endured.