View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #5
joeyg
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikku View Post
With you really want the flake to pop stick with a sealant. Carnauba presents a warm glow to vehicles even if they are metallic and tends to mute the flakes more than enhance it.

You can go with a sealant like Optimum Opti-Seal, Chemical Guys Blitz or Chemical Guys Jetseal.

You can top your paint off with Optimum Car Wax. I find the combination of Optimum Opti-seal and car wax is easy to apply and easy on the eyes

BTW some glazes provide light protection while sealant provides full protection. Glazes provide light filling abilities while a sealant does not. I currently carry Chemical Guys EZ Creme glaze but be mindful it's purpose is to enhance the richness of the paint and not to hide swirls.

In all honesty to really bring the pop back to your flake you would highly benefit from a one step polish which will not set you back much.

In terms of where you can buy these items. You can purchase them from me

Cheers,
Nick
Sorry to rehash an old thread, but Nick...regarding the Optimum Opti-Seal, do you put on the Optimum Car Wax first and then the Opti-Seal? The Opti-Seal is the wipe on and let dry and that's it sealer right?

Another question....as a detailer do you have access to Optimum Opti-Coat, I am hearing from web sites like Autotopia that Opti-Coat is the real deal as far as sealants go but is only available to detailers and car dealerships. If you carry Opti-Coat, can you advise what it costs to apply this sealant?

Joe
2010 Lexus IS250 F-Sport StarFire Pearl(sold)
2008 BMW 135i Alpine White (sold)
joeyg is offline   Reply With Quote