View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #19
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
hmm ok thanks guys

im pretty sure my brake lines and trailarm bushes are fine, im really hesitant to drop the whole thing, and i only have one weekend to do all this so brake bleeding i dunno if i can include in the time alloted..
Bleeding the rear brakes takes a whole of 10-15 minutes with the help of a friend. The only dangerous thing is your bleed screws might be siezed in the caliper, so try to open the bleed screws on the calipers before you disconnect any of the brake lines (should you choose to drop the subframe completely). With the subframe completely out of the car I was able to easily remove the subframe bushings. If the core was still bonded to the bushing I used a coping saw to cut the core out (cut through the two rubber ribs, then used a sawzall to cut through the metal sleeve in two spots and hammered the sleeve out, took about half an hour per bushing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirrusblau View Post
Do you have a contingency plan for if the bushing core breaks and stays in the body?

5/8" tap, 5/8" bolt, a piece of steel rod and a BFH
Tap the piece stuck in the body from underside of carand insert bolt. Go into cabin with rod and BFH and start slamming. I had to pound both sides out on my car, and it took a good few minutes of hammering... be careful not to hit the rear window with the BFH

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 05-27-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote