View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #34
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Brad- View Post
I know i am a new member and everything but it really needs to be said.

I work for a company where we sell to law enforcement, military, etc ect. I deal with these officers on a daily basis. They are only doing their jobs. Im getting sick n tired of hearing these morons come to the border and act like " well im Canadian and i what does it matter... blah blah blah..."

It does matter. You have to understand that when you pull into that booth of theirs that you are now their bish. You got no rights and if you want to get through you answer the questions and be direct and specific.

Unless you want to get pulled over searched and have your car ripped apart. If that is what you are looking for then go right ahead and be a smart ass....

Assault could be with anything. It could be some one hitting him with a water bottle. There was no video of how he pulled his arm away but if they were going to fight that charge. They would just tac on another on for resisting arrest. Its the way the system works. We will throw as many charges as we can on some one and we know that maybe they all wont stick but there is enough there that some will.
I know 2 boarder officers. They abuse their authority, plain and simple, but they do try to be fair. First, you need to tell the person immediately after your pull them over for questioning, why you are questioning them, they can't just tell you to sit down. When you ask why am I here, they "have" to tell you. Second, They need a reason for questioning you. Unfortunately, they can make one up on the spot. Third, Pulling your arm away from a law enforcement officer, is resisting arrest, not assault. The officer either has to verbally tell you, your being arrested, or, simply touch you, like lightly grab your arm.

There is no video, but something tells me when the officer grabbed the guys arm, they guy had no idea that he was being arrested. He didn't want to be touched, so he pulled away. But the law is the law, and he can' do that.

I also did not hear any sort of threat to any of the officers. Why would they say something like that? There were no threats. The guy asked if they were going to shoot him.

Even at the boarder, you "STILL" have your rights. Due process my friend. What happened in the audio was not due process.

-Brad-: I know your new here, so I'll be easy on you llol. Take law before replying to threads like this.

EDIT, there was a video, everything is taped there. It's just that it probably hasn't been released to the public........for obvious reasons.

flickr

Last edited by craigIS; 05-06-2010 at 11:48 AM.
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote