View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
1minte46
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachos23 View Post
Not sure how much you want to remove... Mine is dropped 1.5" in front and not much of a gap remaining. Another consideration is the front drive shafts as you indicated. @ 2.5" they are going to have a significant bend @ the CV joints. Even with 1.5" drop with front drive shaft no longer runs "straight" from Differnential to wheel. Rear is different. Even with drop, the rear half-shafts still bend "downward" as is recommended. You are also carrying a significantly heavier load in front vs. other 3-series models so, too much drop will have you bottoming-out frequently.

I love your car keep it up, and what suspension are you using, may I ask? Secondly in answer to your question of how much i want to get rid of i was thinking of a look like this

and why does our Xi's weigh so much more at the front then a regular 3 series is it because of the transfer case? Also as you said the CV joints point upwards in the front is there anything that can be done to prevent this, like would there be a camber kit or something?
1minte46 is offline   Reply With Quote