View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
740-iLL
Founder of GTA7's

Welcome to E38's!

www.E38.org is a valuable asset, as is the 7 Series section on bimmerforums.com which gets a lot more traffic.

Now let's see what we can do about your issues:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre14 View Post
Issues. Please feel free to help me with any of these...
1. The low beams are on all the time. even with the knob on the off position. And they're a bit low, so I tried to align them properly but they seem to be at the end of the adjustment range. .
it's possible that the knob itself is broken. do they turn on right when you turn the car on?
2. Cupholders...yeah we all have that problem, we just deal with it
3. A bit of rust on the doors (bottom) and on the trunk.normal spot for rust as the water drains through the door pillars into trays at the bottom of the doors, where it sits and causes rust over time
4. I found a loose connector on the left side of the engine (comes from the left side harness. I looked in the TIS software and the closest match seems to be a temperature sensor. The car is supposed to have 2 - one for the instrument cluster and one for the ECU. However there is only one sensor on my pump. Maybe they used a different pump?I don't think another pump would have cut it, there should be somewhere it connects too. check www.realoem.com to look up diagrams and schematics
5. Pixel problems I'm around 50% right now. I know i can get it fixed for $300 but I'm looking for an alternative.check youtube, there are a few different DIY ways of fixing them, but proceed with caution, a few guys have messed up the springs in the needles I have a second dash from the previous owner. DSC does not work with it and the temper dot comes on with it. Is there any way to reprogram the used unit with the info from the original one?only the stealership can help you out with that, they can re-program it to the original mileage and VIN
6. Cruise is not working. engages but quits if it has to accelerate. I holds for a bit tho, so I guess the gears are toast.I don't think it has anything to do with gears, but rather the cruise control module itself. have the car's codes read to diagnose it further
7. missing ashtraycheck junkers and the flashlight is dead..E38.org has a good write-up to bring it back to spec or even convert to LED Also the wipers don't park... any idea how much those relays cost? any aftermarket alternatives?might need a new ignition switch, this sometimes causes the wipers to go haywire
8. AC is not working. I didn't bother to diagnose this thoroughly, but I did notice that it idles higher when selected.could be the blower motor
9. brakes squeal under light braking. this I find a bit odd since they're new all around... maybe they need a bit of breaking in.
10. the voltage seems a bit low (13.6 on the dash) and 14 with a multimeter in the lighter socket. that is the normal voltage afaik
11. no alarm. arms and flashes but I think the siren is gone.the siren can be enabled and disabled. I don't remember exactly how to do this, but E38.org can shed some light on it or BF.c
12. missing caps on the locking knobs inside the car... these drive me nuts!!!
once again check a junker or someone parting out
Hope I helped