View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #2
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooze30 View Post
So I did a forum search and came up with nothing on this question: do all the front spoilers have a bumpy texture on them? Am thinking this would be a good winter project: scrape / grind it all off and start again. The PO (previous owner) waxed it and there's still wax in the crevices and it looks crappy.
Yes, they all have this from the factory. But if you scrape it all off and get it painted, be prepared for stone chips. Chips rather easily, I had to get mine redone after two years once I had it stripped. That 3M clear bra/tape helps it last a bit longer, but it will still chip.

Quote:
Also, how hard is it to find a good used 6-button display? (computer) I've been reading about the 13-button one and that is out of my range right now, but the display on mine craps out intermittently.
Easy. Anyone parting a car may be able to help you. Common problem with the display freaking out, and/or separating so the numbers won't appear.

Quote:

Lastly, who is the guy who runs Boxer2 in Mount Salem? I was driving through in my OTB (other than BMW) and saw a guy ahead of me in a blue e30 convertible with the top down. Thought this might be the guy who ran Boxer2 so I...uh...sorta...followed him for a while, but gave up. Was hoping it was him so I could stop and ask a few questions about e30s. Too much??
Rene runs Boxer2. Cool guy, always parting out older Bimmers. Close to your area, so that would be a good parts supplier for you.

Post pics of your new car!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote