View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
Swerve
///Maquina

E36 Gauge Rings installation issues

So I had to change some burnt out bulbs in my dash and thought while I'm at it, that I may as well pop in those cool silver Gauge rings...

I bought these:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=220498643674

feedback was good, "snaps right in" so I thought, ok, cool. I really like how the new bimmers have the silver rings and I liked the pics I saw online of them done.

man, did I FAIL installing these. First off, the 2 large rings did NOT snap in, and I found them to be different from each other! (I emailed the seller to send me a new matching pair of e36 rings to see if I have any better luck) The smaller ones did snap in, but would pop off when putting the cluster back together. I'm thinking some spots of crazy glue after they're snapped in should keep them in place.

I want to have another crack at it, but with rings that fit how they should!

Are all these a PITA to install or is it because I bought these on fleabay?

Is it my gauge cluster?

Do the ones from DDM snap in and hold without any BS?

Who had a successful go at this and where did you get yours?

///M3 body | Painted kidneys | Hartge spoiler | DJ Autos+DDM HID, DRL delete, clears
Hartge Nova 3+Kumho Ecsta SPT / Hamann HM2+Kumho Ecsta ASX | Bilstein Sports, H&R Sports, KMAC plates, RE RSMs, Racing Dynamics sways, M3 RTABs | M3 Front Brakes
M3 Exhaust | Autothority chip | Cosmos v2+K&N | NGK Iridiums | E46 M knob | clutchstop | woodgrain delete | /////ALPINE, PPI, MB Quart
Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote