View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #12
nonlocal
Last of the Late-Brakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
Too lazy to find it, but Crosby did that already. The kid copied him. I don't know if it was in an actual shootout or just a promo vid or something, but I know I've seen Sid do it. Maybe on a Gatorade commercial or something lol...
Uh... the video I posted was from 1996. Crosby, this kid, and everybody else copied Mike Legg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia, so it must be true
Mike Legg (born May 25, 1975) is a Canadian former ice hockey player. He is most famous for a goal he scored while playing for the University of Michigan, in a 1996 NCAA Tournament game against the University of Minnesota, in which he picked the puck up onto his stick behind the net and wrapped it around into the top corner of the net. The goal was widely recognized around the hockey world; Legg was awarded "Goal of the Year" by Inside Hockey and the stick he used was donated to the Hockey Hall of Fame.[1] This move is often referred to as a 'Michigan' or 'Lacrosse Move' (because of its origins in lacrosse), and has since been attempted by many other players, including Sidney Crosby.
nonlocal is offline   Reply With Quote