View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #9
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
Mine didn't go up - in fact they decreased at renewal...

(not talking about a ticket, referring to the "all insurance is going up" comment)
Sorry, I should have elaborated.

Just because most companies increased their rates doesn't necessarily mean your renewal will be more expensive. The increase will vary by territory. Your area may not have been affected or been hit as hard. (some territories get bumped 1-2% up, others will see 8-10%)

Also, If you; gain a discount (ex: graduated licence, multi-policy, multi-vehicle), turn 25 yrs old, get married (if you are younger than 25), or a ticket or claim comes off your record, your rate can stay where it was or even get better. Or at least your new discount will eat some of that increase for you.

TD Meloche Monnex specializes in group insurance. They have some competitive rates, but did have a rate increase this year, actually I guess it was in '09 Q2. So lets say "within the last 12 months". (I am assuming Meloche Monnex's rates are filed under it's parent company either TD home and Auto or TD General both of which took an increase, 3% & 10% respectively).

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...=126347&page=3

I can only make general comments. If you want your facts 100% straight, call you broker, agent or company. Ask about the increase and how it will affect you. While you have them on the phone ask if there are any discounts you can take advantage of.

Coupedup - I'm happy to help. I take a lot more from Max than I contribute.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote