View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #15
mkgino
6th Gear Member

I have been doing a lot of research on these coilovers trying to determine if they are good and wondering how they can possibly only be $280. I have been seriously considering putting these on my car.

I have read pretty much everything on BF.C and have considered both sides of the story. On one side, the arguments are that for something that costs $280, while the nearest competition charges $1000 + they cant possibly be of the same quality. But these people haven't tested them so they cant say so from experience.

On the other side, people who have installed them say that the ride isn't bad and that it's actually pretty good considering they are only $280. They ride better than their stock suspension with XXX XXX mielage at the time it was swapped out. Another plus is that apparently the VW crowd has been using them for a long time, and there are no major failures associated with them.

So it is an option. There are many people who have an E36 worth $4000, and dont want to spend $1500-2000 or half the cost of their car on suspension. They only want to use these on their daily driver and be a bit lower, with the option to adjust the height if they ever want to. A lot of these people dont track their cars, or drive agressively to work every day. So the difference in performance between RL and Bilstein or H&R is not of any consequence.

With all that being said...I found this today lol. But this could be an isolated incident.

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114688