View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #6
Dammerung
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz View Post
I have replaced the bushing in rear arms on the front for both sides. I noticed the rocking after I replaced the front struts so I'm thinking maybe its the front strut arms. Now that I think about it I think I saw a video on E38.og where the guy showed the tire going back and forth which would make it feel like the car rocking back and forth.... I'm going to look into this .... the car has only 126k seems a bit early but who knows.... its a heavy car.
They are extremely heavy and IMO the suspension links wear out really fast. My outer tie rods and the center control arms died at 88K and trust me i drive her real careful. My friend whos garage i use to work on my car said they wore out faster due to the low profile tires and rims. Apparantly its harder on the whole suspension system. Anyways i had the similar rocking thing due to the center control arm (large busshing). I changed the whole front end suspension links....noticed the steering felt tighter as well. Id suggest doing a front end rebuild and tighten all the nuts to factory specs...that has to be done when the car is on the ground and not suspended. I believe its 75Nm for the centre arm.

Die Dämmerung..............when dusk began to fall, when dawn begins to break
Dammerung is offline   Reply With Quote