View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #14
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

I would take the cuda, only because it is unique-how many supercuda's have you encountered let alone know of being made. the comment about comparing the two cars is like comparing apples to oranges. There is no comparison. they are two different cars for two different applications. The test was done out of curiosity for the most part. Driving isn't all car....it's mostly driver but the technology certainly helps. I had a 400cc bike 15 years vintage in comparison, and could keep up most of the time with GSXR750's through the turns..they had superior handling, and power, and tech. I could still keep up if not pass at times... why? Ridership, same applies to drivership. You don't need skill to drive an e46 M3 anymore. All the skill needed is now transferred into the technology. Not only is this true but confirmed by Rolf Von Englebretchen who used to Race GT2. In case you aren't familiar with this person his dad and uncle were largely responsible for bringing BMW to Canada. Beach Auto Limited. BMW asked them to open a dealership which was one of the first in Ontario along with two others. Applewood and the other -which my memories fails me at the moment. I sat with Rolf for a good 30min discussing the difference between old school and new. He argues the 30's were the best car bmw ever built both for domestic and track use. now all the drivers feel between the wheel and road is taken up by sensors and tech. Doesn't take a genius to drive a e46 M3 now days. Room for error is removed. but once error is made there is no forgiveness. Technology allows one to push the envelope with no feed back from the car.

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!

Last edited by Ceeker; 02-26-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Ceeker is offline   Reply With Quote