Thread: Brakes
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I am afraid those days are long gone. I was at Town + country BMW sitting and waiting to get my car done for service. There was a lady next to me sitting as well.... The service advisor came with a paper and pen, telling that it would cost 900+ tax to do rotors and brakes. I heard them speak very clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeker View Post
The price sounds a bit steep. the dealership should have package pricing on all models. nothing special except you get a proper brake service done - hopefully not just slapping a set of pads in and the way you go. the pricing sounds more like full rear brakes. Rotors, pads, and sensor. I wouldn't recommend just replacing pads. If the factory bmw rotors are on it and they are still good then its ok. But time again I've seen tech's change both because often customers complain that something is wrong. Tech's don't need or want the hassle so they simply change both. especially if there are aftermarket rotors already on the car.

but you haven't mentioned which model car we are speaking of? this is reflective of the price.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote