1) of course it is, well at least i think so. my buddy's corrado came stock with 178hp and it weighs like 3,800lbs. 255hp may seem low compared to more modern cars but its all dependent on the gearing of the tranny/diff and if it is fwd/rwd/awd! but again this all comes down to personal preference.
2) not sure
3) nothing can substitute a good set of winter tires.
Originally Posted by Rockblock
Hi Folks, I'm considering a 2007 530xi and am looking for some input on the following:
1) are 255HP/220 torque enough to handle 3,600 lbs?...the next step up would be the 550 V8 w/360HP, but it doesn't come with 4x4...
2) with the iDrive, there's a single point of failure, so if the chip fails, no cd, no radio, nav, no computer info, etc...any known issues with this?
3) will the xDrive enable me to use all-season tires as opposed to switching between summer & winter?