Thread: 1994 euro m3
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #10
simplycars
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
its all so objective to our personal tasted with the cars, that being said i personally feel that ever since they came out with the e46 they started making the car to "big" and they haven't stopped making them bigger abd bigger, the current 3 series is a 5 series from 15 years ago. (hence the 1 series, which is the reincarnation of the E30) When it comes right down to the point, every car means something to someone, and I will never disrecpect anyone for not having the newest or most expensive BMW, I enjoy the history and stories of the cars, and seeing the passion in people about them. Just cause you got 300plus HP and an $80000 BMW doesn't get you respect, you can talk to people for a few minutes at a meet and get a sence of which side of the coin they are on .

Nice to see someone having a objective nice conversation on here.....

true, the new cars are bigger, but they are also better equipped and more comfortable. BMW made larger cars in 1960s and 1970s, but with the world economy in late 1970s/1980s, they went back to making smaller cars. Same happened to MB with 190. Audi and VW were never in the same class until mid 1990s. Agree, price tag has nothing to do with anything and some people use cars as tools and others see them as part of their life.