Thread: 1994 euro m3
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
simplycars
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
I think the e36 was the model that started the "new age" or "moderen" Look and feel of the cars. That being said it had a pretty healthly run, and did not need to be "face lifted" to keep people interested. Yes the E36 has a softer twister frame then an E30, and no 3 series will ever do for BMW what the E30 did, but the E36 does have caracter about it, part of the reason it sold so well was they hit the design perfect for the time, and it was priced according to performance. I am not saying the E46 is not a nice car, but for someone who appreciates a vehicles history in a company, you can not comapre them.
e36 was comprable in styling to its contemporaries up to 1996, after that the styling was dated. e34 was out in 1995 and e39 was in - different styling - similar what was done with e36 and e46 in 1999. in my opinion BMW should have stoped e36 in 1996 and introduce redesigned body like they did with the 5 series. from sales point of view e36 and e46 were both best sellers in their class.