View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #12
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_M5 View Post
It just seemed like you were having to brake really early, but if you were starting to get fade then it's understandable. With stock brakes you'll have fade after a few laps of aggressive driving and you risk glazing the rotors.

And you think the e34 M5 is heavy... put 3 200lb dudes in the back and then you'll have an e39 M5 (in terms of weight) lol
I did my laps in ~5 lap segments, towards the 4-5 lap, I could feel that there was that little bit of fade, not terribly bad, but definitely feel it, the brakes never failed me, but I wanted to be cautious. They did return back to normal VERY quickly though, I must say that. Overall I am happy and confident in them.
As a side note, in some of those laps you see, I was being very careful, I haven't been on a track in like 2-3 years, and not with the M5, so I didn't want to run it off the road.

In all of those videos there were 2 or 3 adults in the vehicle(not counting me). I was never bymyself. I must say that I was very impressed with the car, the balance, the handling, the whole package was just making me feel fairly confident. I must say I need better tires, something stickier and more "worthy". LOL

Jay getting Black Flagged was utter BS. I don't think he did anything dangerous at any time.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 07-27-2009 at 10:37 AM.
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote