View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #10
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
$40 for competing is completely acceptable, it's probably cheaper than any other show.

$20 may be much for a spectator, but sometimes it's due to the venue, and not the organizer.

For what it's worth, I thought the show was really good, randy put a lot into this show, and sometimes as a spectator, you don't realize how much he puts into it. To hold the show at cayuga cost a pretty penny, I don't know if he even broke even on the show. Remember that Randy has no obligation to do this show, and he's doing it more for the community than himself.

Big up to Randy on another great show. He worked his ass off for this show guys, I know $20 seem's like a lot, but I'm sure he tried to keep things as reasonable as possible. I think paying the $60 bucks once per year is worth it to have the community together like this.
Don't get me wrong, I paid just like everyone else. It was only me in my car, so $20 was not unreasonable, I am just throwing things out there from other people.

Randy is probably the best member and mod of this community, and he goes out of his way for us, but at the same time, I know Randy appreciates all input into the venues. Alot of people didn't show up to this Bimmercruise, and price could be one of the reasons. Like I said, I wasn't upset by it, because it was just a $20. If I brought friends with me as planned and I had to spruce them $20 each, I wouldn t be too happy.