View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #93
Bang Boom
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
Sorry man, you're contradicting yourself. It's pretty evident that you can't afford the car. You're trying too hard to justify it/make it work. There are expenses you're not even thinking of, nor am I because I don't own one, which will come up during ownership and which you'll never have imagined.

A Maserati is not a car you work on yourself to save money, that right there means you can't afford it. If you were saying I have a lift at home, a garage full of tools and a detailing bay, the same set of tools as the dealership and a dealer mechanic that teaches me to work on it, then OK. That would mean you're doing it because you derive pleasure, not to save money.

My friends mom bought the car for her husband as a birthday gift. THAT's how you buy a car of this caliber, not penny pinching trying to make it work while parking it outside because you don't have a garage, not eating for a year straight to pay for oil changes, and doing brake changes on the street... cause you don't have a garage.
LOL, Ill eat well trust me... like i said its not a matter of maintaining it, i know i can maintain the car! Its just a question of buying it or not. Just wanted ppl's opinions. And the right thing would be to drop all the money on a house. Butttt i kinda want this car and then the house a year later which i could afford.

But hey, thats my mentality which i know is not 100% right/logical, but its just something i want. Im gonna eat very well and still live my life the exact same as now. So don't think ill be starving to support a car like this. its not really a problem.

Right choice would be get the house then the car. but i kinda want both. Better yet, the Perfect thing to do is buy a house wait 3 years from now and just buy the Granturismo, the car i really want!
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote