View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #62
rodo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
If you have a down to earth competent italian exotic car mechanic like Rocco( RMP Motors) (he owns ferrari's and maintains them) then maintenance, and parts cost won't be a major factor.

Ofcourse you have to pay to play with the big boys and their nice toys!

I don't think money is an issue if you're looking at buying a Maserati.
I can't bite my tongue any longer.
It's one thing to walk by the dealer on a random day, walk in, like a car and cut them a cheque, than it is to find a cheap one, see if you can afford it, see how you can save money on the import by cutting corners, etc. IMO if you're trying to penny pinch by not doing the proper DRL conversion, etc. then you can't really afford it. Please don't take it the wrong way, I don't want anyone to get mad and it's just my opinion. But if you're going through all this worry to find a cheap one, and you'll only buy one when the dollar hits par (if it does) which is only 9% away, then you can't afford it, sorry. 9% would represent 5k on the cars you've shown, and you'll only buy if you can save those 5k if the dollar gets even. If 5k is a big deal then this car's out of your league. Sorry if I sound like an ass, I'm just being realistic.

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

Last edited by rodo; 06-03-2009 at 10:16 PM.
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote