Thread: Car trouble
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #13
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
i know. I spent 1K on my 3.38 for the e36, and i thought that was steep. The cheapest one i've seen for 335 is like 3K. Ouch.

I'd probably get one with shorter gearing while you're at it. 3.46 or something mabye. Stock is 3.08 afaik, so with a 3.46 you'll be putting down 12% more torque to both wheels. Combine that with software and mabye a wee extra boost, and that will be one fun vert.

How do the e93's feel? I haven't driven the new verts, i know with e46 and even more-so e36, the lack of b-pillars and a roof make the whole car feel a lot less stiff. I wouldn't want to drive one of those with 450 ft/lbs of torque without some structural reenforcement.
eww... $3,000 is was too much to be able to do a sick donut. I'm definitely not going anywhere near that mod for the while!

But sadly, due to living in piece-o-shit Canada its been too cold to actually make any real use of the top (I've put the roof down and closed it to show people how it worked.... ooooooh aaaaah LOL)... but overall the car feels solid. it has zero wind noise (omg, my 325 was a mess with that), and feels like the coupes i test drove before driving the vert... so we'll see when i start dropping the top how it goes... to be continued... lol

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote