View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 11:30 PM   #24
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsevader View Post
That's a kind offer.

I will continue this discussion though as I know I'm right, not often but right about this.

http://www.beisansystems.com/misc/SE...ROL_SYSTEM.pdf

Please read pages 51-52 for an explanation of how the MDK works on the m52Tu engine. The throttle cable is in fact a 'backup' to the main throttle motor if the system fails, which is why people are led to believe it actually controls the throttle plate. That's just the failsafe.

I do however have a lot of respect for the work it takes to swap a modern engine.
Great Read.
In short its controlled by a Mechnical Input. Which makes part mechanical part electric intresting.

What i don't understand why there is ZERO play between the butterfly and the actual cable. which made me doubt u.
what i don't understand is that even thou, the document its saying that its electronic controlled, logically i don't understand how its possible for the butterflies to be controlled by an actual motor (may be the motor only works when there is traction loss)If u've open a fully electric butterfly vs, the one on a m52, you can actually feel the resistence of the motor where by on the m52, there is no resistance which doesn't make me belive what im reading. it logically doesn't make sense.

I will love to see the physical guts of this thing.

www.StanceFactory.com

Last edited by ZiMMie; 11-27-2008 at 11:34 PM.
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote