Thread: FS: 97 540i/6
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
328i Cab
3rd Gear Member

FS: 97 540i/6

I am listing my 1997 BMW 540i 6spd manual with only 157kms. The car is in great shape, NO RUST. In the last 500 kms, I have put on brand new rear brakes (pads and rotors), new radiator and expansion tank and new spark plugs.

It is Fjord grey (grey metallic) on black leather comfort seats. It has 17" BBS wheels, 6 disc cd changer in trunk, A/C, heated seats, heated steering wheel, memory seat, keyless, upgraded audio, and all the 540i sport package options.

The car has upgraded style tail lights (originals are included as well, either can be installed on the car) and a newer shifter and shift knob from a 2004 545i (original woodgrain shift knob available).

Problems:
- dash pixels - sometimes they all work, often they don't....was going to send the dash away to the service in california but never got around to it (wouldn't be able to drive the car for a few days when the cluster is being sent out)
- I get an error message with the new style tail lights when the lights are off. When you turn the lights on, the message goes away. I think it would just need a resistor. All of the lights work and if you put the stock lights back on, there is no problem.
- The car needs valve cover gaskets. I will probably order them in a day or so and install them when I get a chance. There was a bit of oil around the plugs when I changed them (not very much).
- When the previous owner had the wheels rebalanced, they must have used a chemical and the finish of one of the outer lips of the rims is damaged. I know they can be repaired/changed. I was going to swap for m6 reps or e60 rims but had to sell the car.

Reason for selling: going back to school and will have access to a cheap Jetta to drive for the school year.

The body is in really good shape and is a rare colour. I have tried representing the car as best as possible. It has treated me well and will be great for someone else.

Let me know if you want to see the car in person or take it for a drive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_213.jpg (194.2 KB, 1688 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_216.jpg (222.8 KB, 1686 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_217.jpg (195.3 KB, 1673 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_221.jpg (124.7 KB, 1664 views)

PM me for your sidewinder (laser cut) key blank and cutting needs. Have OEM pre-ews keys and replacement shells.