View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #7
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
I have had a 4 channel set up with the 2 rear channels bridged to the sub (Rockford amp).

It was decent but like Ben I wanted a little more so I dedicated one amp to the sub and used the rockford for my sound stage. The second amp I used was a large pioneer.

As I liked how this sounded, it was for sure a more labor intensive install and took up more space. I had to get a distroblock, make sure I did not introduce a ground loop, and run 2 rcas (neither of my amps could be daisy chained).

I also had to run larger power wire, and upgrade my big 3 (I will do those again however).

This system was my best one yet, but it didn't look oem, and took up a lot of space (in a truck at that). I won't do something that large ever again because when it got stolen I was almost blinded by rage, and I don't need that stress again.

I would still say if you are going for compact oem look a 5 channel, and a 10 with some good components will be great. But really it depends on what components you get, and how creative you feel like getting with the install.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote