Attempting to bring back the shine
I just got a new hood painted and it has a nice shine to it, and i would like to bring back the shine on rest of the car. My plan is to do the following, please tell me what you think.
- Bucket Wash
- Bucket Wash (do i need to wash again after claying?)
- Dry (will drying recontaminate the paint?)
- Polish (Should i use a buffer or by hand?)
- Remove swirls and light scratches w/ buffer (meguiars scratch X)
- Pre-Wax (Zymol)
- Wax w/ buffer( Meguiars NXT Tech wax)
I would also like to know which pad i should use at each step when buffing, i prefer pads that i can buy locally.
After the Pre-wax what sealant should i use before waxing?
Last edited by Allstar_e36; 07-21-2008 at 11:51 PM.