View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 02:38 AM   #24
Originally posted by SickFinga
e46_lover, ask Randy, SuperM3 and the guy from evolution
All of them had m3 engine FI and all of them were blown.

superM3's motor is blown? i didnt know that....Randy's block was stock, thats wasnt meant to run boost (yet). it depends how you treat the motor too, i dont know the guy from evolution or even superM3 well, but without proper warming and cooling..FI isnt cant say slapping on a turbo or s/c makes it unreliable just like that, it depends how (or if) the engine is tuned, same with fuel.

lets compare, an S2000 which is 11:1compresion or a E36 M3 motor (10.5 i think), both same HP, but different compression...which is better for reliability? the BMW obviously, because i know the motor isnt as highsprung....11:1 compression is really high, as the bmw isnt as high...

since everyone in here has an NA motor except moerom, maybe we should get some more FI experts? empowerd? djcontra? m50e30 i know knows about FI too since he wants a turbo kit for his car.

NA isnt the best situation, it all depends on what stage the motor is at, stock M3 NA will be way more reliable than a s/c M3 both stock internals.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 03-03-2003 at 02:41 AM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote