View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 01:48 AM   #1
540ii
2nd Gear Member

Selling my 540/6

Up for sale is my beloved 1995 BMW 540i with 197 900 Kms. The car has just been painted six weeks ago and it gleams beautifully (see pictures). This car has a six speed transmission and came from the factory with 4.0 V8 that produces 282 HP and 292 lb/ft of torque. It was also chipped in February/2007(D'Sylva technology), which adds another 15-20 HP making it in the 300 hp range. It has several factory M-upgrades such as the beautiful M5 sport seats with adjustable thigh supports and M-technic front and side skirts with brake ducts). It is fully loaded with power everything, heated seats, traction control, mp3 player and ski bag etc..

This car is very fast and an absolute pleasure to drive. Car and Driver (1995) states that the six speed version does 0-60 MPH in 5.9 seconds. I believe that this vehicle lives up to this high level of performance. Additionally it handles extremely well due to its lowered suspension and 18" wheels. It is also been extremely reliable during the 2 years and 9 months that I have owned the car.

If you are familiar with these vehicles, you know that they require careful maintenance by trained professionals. Synthetic oil has been replaced every 5000 kms (if not less). All service is up to date (excluding a few miniscule details) and several non-threatening performance modifications have been added:

1)High quality, professional multi-stage paint job with tasteful gloss coat (July 2007)-There is not a spec of rust on the car
-Included the addition of clear smoked tailights, sidemarkers, front turn signals and the stealth look smoked out grill)
2)Battery with five year warranty (July 2007)
3)Valve cover gaskets and Intake gaskets (June 2007)
4)Red Line Synthetic differential oil and gear oil (June 2007)
5)Bilstein sport shocks (August 2007)
6)Bavarian autosport lowering springs (June 2006)
7)Nexen N3000 235 40 18 Z Rated tires on 18 X 8 high quality M5 replica rims made by OE wheel distributors in Florida (June 2007)
8)Rear end suspension bushings and front upper control arms and alignment (all Lemeforder parts) (June 2006)
9)Clutch and Flywheel (August 2005)
10)Engine mounts, spark plugs and boots (March 2005)
11)Brembo cross drilled rotors and pads (April 2006)
12)Various other items including exhaust hangers, transmission mounts, washer fluid motor, fluid (March 2005-March 2007)

Known issues
1)Small leak from P/S hoses (potential buyer and myself can arrange to have this fixed
2)May require a new heater core in the winter.

Asking $11200 (Canadian) (about $10500 US) The car is located in Toronto, Ontario. I would be willing to ship this vehicle if the buyer can make the arrangements.

See pictures at:

http://toronto.craigslist.org/car/400483011.html

The car has been freshly detailed and simply looks and drives amazing. I am selling because I am returning to university and could use the extra cash. I can also be reached at [email]neilmehdiratta77@hotmail.com(Neil). Thanks for looking.
540ii is offline   Reply With Quote