maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio/Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   double din e36 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97983)

DANE 11-16-2007 01:08 PM

double din e36
 
lookin to put a double din radio in my e36 any ideas where to start and how hard it is

freeagnt54 11-17-2007 07:16 PM

the only place i see it fitting is the where the obc and the little slot under it sits, you might have some clearance issues behind it though i guess, i was thinking of putting a screen in that area but i found the shift knob blocks the view

DANE 11-17-2007 08:03 PM

yea i took them out and theres not enough space for the deck to go right back

DANE 11-20-2007 07:06 PM

re engine noise
 
what causes engine noise in ur speakers and how do i get rid of it

98Dinan3 11-20-2007 10:01 PM

noise is generally caused from bad connections, or from running the RCAs too closely to power wires.

BTW... screen will fit in the sunglass tray/OBC as they're thin. Double DIN will not fit without some serious modification.

DANE 11-20-2007 10:40 PM

The double din was a pain in the ass but i finnaly got it in lots of work and fiber glassing

UltimateDriv 11-22-2007 11:39 AM

^^^how did you mount it?

post pics

Nascar318is 01-04-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateDriv (Post 1081268)
^^^how did you mount it?

post pics

+2 Interested

DANE 01-04-2008 09:07 AM

sorry guys car sold but will be doin the project again soon will have pics from start to end

freeagnt54 01-07-2008 01:15 PM

you think by now some one could have come out with a double din or single din that is more compact

UltimateDriv 01-08-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeagnt54 (Post 1095456)
you think by now some one could have come out with a double din or single din that is more compact

more compact? you do realize double/single din refers to the size of the head unit right?

and the reason most people want to do a double din deck is so that the have an indash monitor. as opposed to a cheesy flip out monitor

freeagnt54 01-08-2008 09:55 PM

by more compact i mean like thinner

like comparing a 32" old tube tv to a 32" lcd flat screen

if that makes any sense

GTA_G20 01-26-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeagnt54 (Post 1096117)
by more compact i mean like thinner

like comparing a 32" old tube tv to a 32" lcd flat screen

if that makes any sense

considering if it were smaller than a 1din it wouldnt mount in the dash w/o a kit. secondly if it were any smaller you wouldnt be able to fit a disc inside it. Unless you want a deck that has portable memory like an ipod and we all know how much those things cost already...

freeagnt54 01-26-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTA_G20 (Post 1103178)
considering if it were smaller than a 1din it wouldnt mount in the dash w/o a kit. secondly if it were any smaller you wouldnt be able to fit a disc inside it. Unless you want a deck that has portable memory like an ipod and we all know how much those things cost already...

who uses cd's anymore

ZHP_Bimmer05 07-17-2008 02:38 AM

i know an installer for you, if you still need one


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.