maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (1991 - 1999) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   How much would my car fetch? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97662)

dbworld4k 11-08-2007 06:41 PM

How much would my car fetch?

Just throwing this out there as I'm toying with the idea of getting into a used E46 from the US.

Stat sheet:

1996 328i Sedan, meticulously maintained throughout its life. Only 165,000 kms. The car had one previous owner when it was purchased from Budd's BMW in Oakvile a few years ago. NO stories, NO accidents clean car.

-Blk EXT 8.5/10, shows normal wear and tear (ie. front end paint chips from 11years of driving). ZERO rust on the body.
-Blk leather INT 9.5/10 absolutely mint interior that shows VERY little wear on the seats and bolsters. No cracking or ripping. Rear seats are actually flawless (not sure this is something to brag about, LOL!)
-2 owners
-All service records and maintenance up to date. **DEALER MAINTAINED FROM 1996-2006!!!**
-Sport and Premium Packages (Sport wheels, sport seats, power doors/locks/windows/sunroof, heated seats, digital climate control and OBC)
-OEM 16" sport PKG wheels mounted on Michelin pilot Aplin2 winters 205/55/16

And now for the modifications:

BODY
-Tinted windows (done in March 2007) 35% sides and 20% rear windshield
-Depo GenIV Euro Projector headlights with 6000K HID
-OE style fog lights; clear corners, sidemarkers and smoked/red taillights (see pictures)
-OEM M3 side moldings
-OEM M3 mirrors
-Aftermarket M3 front bumper (less than 3 months old, made out of OEM material, absolutely top quality piece)
-Max Velocity RS lip
-OEM M3 steering wheel with tri-coloured stitching
-Matte black kidney grille from Euro-Spec

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN
-5speed conversion
-UUC EVO2 Short Shift Kit
-New OEM M3 illuminated shift knob
-UUC Stage 2 Lightweight Flywheel + Ultrasmooth Cerametallic M5-style clutch kit

WHEELS AND SUSPENSION
-Eibach Sportline springs with Bilstein Sport shocks + UUC RTABs, MZ3 Front strut tower plates, E46 M3 RSM
-18x8.5 Hyperblack CSL wheels on General UHP 225/40/18 (less than 5 months of use)

Recent maintenance that I can list from memory:
-new tie rods
-suspension overhaul (listed above)
-new radiator and thermostat
-new belts.

Needs NOTHING. The car drives flawlessly and throws no check engine lights or fault codes. Compared to the majority of E36s on the market, this one probably ranks amongst the best kept.

I think that covers it all. I never knew I had done so much to this car already :|

I see E36 328i cars listed on the Autotrader anywhere from 7K to 13K, yet none have as low KMs, or look as good, as mine :) And I doubt the majority of them are in such good condition or have the paperwork to backup the maintenance claims. What would you boys think I can reasonably expect to sell this car for in its CURRENT condition (including the 5spd swap, which will go in any day now)?

PedroBMW 11-08-2007 07:46 PM

I say $11k, if you come to windsor and sell it possibly more. Nice ride!

328IScreamer 11-08-2007 08:02 PM

yea i woulda guessed between 11 and 12. up here in windsor you might be able to get a bit more cause nice clean e36's are less common here. seems like a very nice ride!

T.Dot_E30 11-09-2007 09:38 AM

don't do the 5spd swap if your selling it.

I'd say keep it, you won't get nearly as much as you spent/expect back.

v_bimmer 11-09-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 (Post 1076441)
don't do the 5spd swap if your selling it.

I'd say keep it, you won't get nearly as much as you spent/expect back.

i agree, if you are selling it, dont do a 5spd swap, if i was you i would keep it!!

jschrauwen 02-25-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 328IScreamer (Post 1076285)
yea i woulda guessed between 11 and 12. up here in windsor you might be able to get a bit more cause nice clean e36's are less common here. seems like a very nice ride!

That's little too much for me for a 12 year old car. But that's me. :huh?:

JazzM 02-25-2008 04:38 PM

The question will be to most buyers is weather they will they prefer a higher milage M3 or a lower milage e36-non M.

T.

Nascar318is 02-25-2008 04:43 PM

I\'ll give what the most expensive 328I on trader is going for non cabrio*shiner*

4 dr., black, auto, I6, fully loaded, leather, moon roof, pw, p/seat, pl, tinted, keyless entry lock, shine & original paint, no rust, no accident, very good condition, very low price. $7,900 include safety & e-test. 126,000 mileage

J/K you should be able to get at least $10K for it.*th-up* It all depends on the buyer..Some people will say "Well mods don't bring the price up" And a 5 speed is cheaper then auto.. So 10K or up easy for your car.. that's what I would pay just because of all the mods that have been done to it and your records and mileage.*th-up*