maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rides (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   GTI Pics (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96433)

Hound 10-11-2007 12:30 AM

GTI Pics

6 Attachment(s)
Got a new phone today and figured I'd take the chance to try it out while taking some pics of the GTI for those who have not yet seen it. Thanks for looking! *th-up* Phone is the W810i sony, takes OK pics but not the greatest.

shimajer 10-11-2007 12:51 AM

love the yellow fogs.. dump ur ride bro

mellobudd 10-11-2007 01:05 AM

nice dub sean!

///M POWER 10-11-2007 02:27 AM

wow for a cell phone camera..those are MINT pics!!! Nice car BTW = )

JMW 10-11-2007 07:42 AM

DUMP IT right now...get some deep dish rims..
ure set
nice car sean

T.Dot_E30 10-11-2007 09:02 AM

It gets dumped everytime he sits in it. haha jk :D

europrince 10-11-2007 10:27 AM

Nice little car. I wonder how it does against the Civic Si and the Cooper S. I think I prefer the Cooper S in this segment but the GTI is a wonderful car nonetheless.

windsorbmw 10-11-2007 10:36 AM

yup love those fogs........were they just bulb replacements or were they OEM?
If bulbs where could I get some for my E46 pre facelift sedan

Hound 10-11-2007 03:47 PM

They are a 3000k HID fog kit from MR. Proprone aka Ivan :D the mains are 16,000k from Ivan as well awesome kits and 0 problems *th-up*

They were in the 7er but took them out to run in the GTI as I was so used to the light colour and output and love it :D

The 3000's light up the road in the fog like no other, I still turn them off and on to see the difference cause it's so dramatic, they cut through it like a hot knife through butter :D

As for a drop etc. Im waiting till next summer/spring before doing anything, then im going with coil's, body kit and exaust. I love the Huff rims personaly and don't see the need to swich them up yet, although some deep dish rims with stretched rubber may be in the car's future :D

Soldo 10-11-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by europrince (Post 1064572)
Nice little car. I wonder how it does against the Civic Si and the Cooper S. I think I prefer the Cooper S in this segment but the GTI is a wonderful car nonetheless.

Having test driven all 3 (Si was a Sir Hatch). I'd have to say the GTI's are the worst of the bunch. The power is nice, but thats all it has going for it. The suspension is very sloppy, and disapointing. VW's have always been, in my opinion, far too over hyped for how they actually perform/handle!

Not trying to knock on the ride, personally i love the way the new GTI's look, but compared to everything else in the price range, i'd take the Cooper over it anyday.

On another not.... got any more/better pics of the HID's, i wanna see how the fog's and 16000k's look head on.

Hound 10-11-2007 04:43 PM

will take some hopefully this weekend, Chris took some nice ones at the track that im hoping to get a hold of soon too.

As for the suspension im not to sure what you mean by very sloppy etc. the car on the road and track is tight and turns in really quickly, maybe you drove one that was abused or had all seasons? Not sure, but the ride is firm but still comfortable and the thing handles and surprises many who drive/ride in it, especially for wrong wheel drive. :D Not trying to argue, just posting my experience so far. Im also comming to this car from a 18 year old 7 series all be it with stiff suspension :D, but even compared to the TL and the 5er it is a very fun car to drive and I love it which is good haha :D

Soldo 10-11-2007 04:54 PM

Well i drove one that was identical to yours, but silver, had next to no miles on it (around 5000km's). Same wheels, and i can't remember which tires, but they were UHP's. I also test drove one at the Mini test drive... no idea what kinda tires were on that one. Both times, i was pretty impressed with the 2.0L turbo, and compared to the other cars in it's class i wouldn't doubt it's the fastest of the bunch. But for FWD, it (along with the FWD A3) are one of the most disapointing cars i've driven. I expected more from the GTI compared to the audi, i just assumed the audi would be heavier.

Anyways, the both car i drove (the one that's just like yours) was very sloppy on the turns. I got nothing but understeer, and the scary kind. The car felt like like MUSH. Might be cause i'm used to driving cars with a decent suspension setup, or something a bit more aggressive. But it simply felt..... DULL, almost as any other VW, and i always thought the GTI's were supposed to be more agressive with handling. I've never driven a MK IV, but i've driven more than enough MK III's and i was just as disapointed. It was like a 3 legged dogg, one tire always spent more time in the air during the bends! I never understood why people would always rank these cars as some kind of FWD handling GOD's. I strongly believe an underpowered civic would have no problems running cirvles around a GTI on the track.

Again, i'm not trying to bash your car or anything. Just my opinion/experience with these cars. It's like a FWD muscle car, if your lookin for a car that looks good and has some decent speed, get a GTI.... if you want something for the turns.... i'd suggest lookin elsewhere!

Sa///M3 10-11-2007 07:05 PM

Hey sean! A buddy of mine recently purchased one of these too! I think you've seen the guy with me at some meets..

I've driven it, and I really liked it.

ps: I have the same phone it takes better pics in better lightning conditions

denisemichel 10-11-2007 07:50 PM

nice ride bro !

AceOfSpades 10-11-2007 10:21 PM

give it a smoooooooooooof look

nice ride man. big difference from ur previous ride.
are those turning signals red?