maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Videos and Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A Race That You Can't Miss (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9531)

Alezone 01-09-2003 03:04 AM

A Race That You Can't Miss

http://www.runeb.org/www_docs/Jexoti...erCar_Race.mpg

ORDINARY supercar challenge in Japan... episode N, Chinese caption :D

ROB89M3 01-09-2003 03:35 AM

That my friend, is an amazing display of machinery !

Great video ! Thanks.

btw: that NSX-R didn't do too shabby.It was probably the second cheapest car there.....

moerom 01-09-2003 04:53 AM

I personally enjoyed the notion that the NSX-R with 100-200hp less than the other cars on the track managed a 4th and almost 3rd if that monster Lambo hadn't eaten it on the straightaway.

Other than that, Forza Ferrari!!

They should make another video next year between the Enzo, Carrera GT, Ford GT40, Viper SRT/10, etc....

mkgino 01-09-2003 05:08 AM

Ha, that vid was the biggest crock, how can an underpowered NSX hang with those other supercars?? Hmmm, maybe cause it was filmed in Japan or China or wherever they produce the damn car, to make it look like it could actually hang with those cars. That was the second dumbest race Ive ever seen, with the first one being that race between the Euro E36 M3 with 321hp getting blown away by the NSX, ha bullsh*t!*no-no*

moerom 01-09-2003 05:10 AM

I guess it might have been the hometown advantage, but the NSX is light and midengined. It just walked the Lambo in the corners.

The drag racing thing I admit is pretty retarded. The F355 lost to a NSX Type S-Zero, and the 321hp E36 M3 lost as well.

However, on the track, they are excellent drivers. I have tens of these vids on my computer, one of them being F355 vs Carrera S vs Euro Spec M3 on an AutoX track!

http://www.best-motoring.co.jp

Alezone 01-09-2003 05:27 AM

I've seen many of these videos with this group of japanese drivers, they're pretty good, esp the old guy in the NSX, he's the best of all, that maybe the reason why he ran 4th.

and that's the new NSX-R, the fastest NSX ever (i'm not a fan of NSX, i think it's ugly), so I dun doubt that it could eat the lambo in corners... while the lambo weight 2 tons... way more than the NSX.

325Ryan 01-09-2003 06:01 AM

I heard that nsx'es are so light that they used to have a problem where they would lift right off the ground at very high speeds.

Who knows how much of that is true tho

Polish 01-09-2003 12:21 PM

swwet ass video man, too many porsches though, no need for the 4S, coulda put in a M3 instead :)

SickFinga 01-09-2003 08:31 PM

Sick cars.
Ferrari F50 is just impressive like it always been.
moerom , I would take F50 and F40 over Enzo anyday.

NSX is a good car even though I don't like it.
NSX will walk away from EURO M3
Too bad Gemballa was second last, it is a sick ride, just listen to it idling.
I don't think E46 M3 had any chances against all those cars.

Gamite 01-10-2003 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mkgino
Ha, that vid was the biggest crock, how can an underpowered NSX hang with those other supercars?? Hmmm, maybe cause it was filmed in Japan or China or wherever they produce the damn car, to make it look like it could actually hang with those cars. That was the second dumbest race Ive ever seen, with the first one being that race between the Euro E36 M3 with 321hp getting blown away by the NSX, ha bullsh*t!*no-no*
Dude, I totally agree with you, its Japanese btw.. the Mercilago shoulda been pulling way more, it looks like most of the drivers werent trying.. and the Lambo driver didnt gun it till the end where he blew past the NSX.

mkgino 01-10-2003 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SickFinga
NSX is a good car even though I don't like it.
NSX will walk away from EURO M3

Please explain:

NSX 3.2: 290hp @ 7100 rpm

3164 lbs

Euro M3 321hp with equal weight

SickFinga 01-10-2003 03:55 PM

I can't explain really
but everywhere you check NSX is high 12sec and m3 is mid 13.

Prolly gearing and aerodyanmics is the reason

Gamite 01-10-2003 06:38 PM

Quote:

I can't explain really

There are different kinds of NSX no? NSX-R?

Soldo 01-10-2003 07:00 PM

Quote:

I can't explain really

gearing MAYBE, but then if the M3 was made for higher gearing, i'm sure they didn't make the NSX for drag purposes, secondly, i don't think theres TOO much drag between the two cars espescially during a 1/4 mile!!!
that is a LOAD OF SHIT, theres NO WAY the NSX is stock!!
or they put mentaly disabled people to drive the OTHER supercars, and MONTOYA to drive the NSX, then THAT would explain a LOT!!
:moon:to the NSX!!!

Soldo 01-10-2003 07:15 PM

alright, i just finished actually watchin the video, theres NO WAY, NO WAY MAN, i'm guessing the other cars weren't pushing it as much as the NSX for fear of damaging there cars, and also, what the hell is so special about the NSX's anyways, i think they look just like any other honda!!
DISGRACEFULL that NSX should have been DEAD LAST and at lapped AT LEAST TWICE!!!!
*uzi* :mad: