maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   FS: Original 17" LTW Staggered Stamped BMW MOTORSPORT Wheels (Set Of 4) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93929)

Shock(/\)ave 08-11-2007 04:12 AM

FS: Original 17" LTW Staggered Stamped BMW MOTORSPORT Wheels (Set Of 4)

If you've clicked on this thread you probably already know what these are: the best factory E36 (and arguably any other platform) wheels BMW ever made in one of their rarest forms. These wheels are no longer available from BMW, and were only an option in Canada on the 45 1994 Canadian Edition cars (most of which were not ordered with them) or in the U.S. on cars from the 1995 model year only.

This is the second set of these wheels I've listed for sale here; this particular set are the original factory upgraded wheels from Canadian Edition M3 # 19 (of 45) - with proper casting marks and full documentation to prove it. These are a complete staggered (7.5" front, 8.5" rear) set of 4 17" forged lightweight wheels, all of which are straight and true without any curb rash whatsoever on the front and very minimal curb rash on the rears on their original 1994 finish. *mw*

The wheels look spectacular and have no cracks or any other problems. The front wheels have Bridgestone S03 225/45/17 tires on them with hardly any tread life left and the rear wheels have Michelin Pilot MXX3 245/45/17 tires on them that are nearly new.

The responsible thing for me to do when I already have a gorgeous set of these same wheels on my M3 is to liquidate some of the discretionary money I have tied up in my daily driver to put toward paying off the loan for my M3.

Pictures of the wheels are forthcoming (and will be posted quickly if the level interest is high); those of you who have seen my 325iS in person can no doubt attest to their incredible condition. :)

The price is $1600 firm (Canadian dollars) picked up near Woodbridge, but I'll ship these anywhere in North America at your expense for actual shipping costs plus a nominal $25 for packing materials and my time. If you're looking for a set of these rare wheels in Canada this is the only set available here right now; if you're looking for a genuine set of these wheels from a Canadian Edition this is the only set you're likely to ever see for sale.

I think my price is fair, and I will not be accepting lower offers. I love the way these wheels look on my 325iS - they're the nicest looking part of the whole car :D - and I'm in no hurry to sell them. *mumble*

If the right buyer wants these I'll let them go for roughly what I paid for them.

Thanks for looking! *th-up*

Ant118 08-11-2007 01:28 PM

oh your selling your stamped set. What have you found now???? GL with the sale

Shock(/\)ave 08-11-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant118
oh your selling your stamped set.

I own two original sets of these wheels. I'm selling the second set that I bought directly from the owner of # 19 which I have mounted on the 325iS; the original set from # 1 are staying on the car.

Quote:

What have you found now????

The desire to pay off my loan faster. :D

Quote:

GL with the sale

Thanks man! *th-up*

notjoe 08-11-2007 02:58 PM

was that you at the met last night?

hioctane 08-11-2007 03:02 PM

According to a search I had BMW do at Budds, you CAN order these through BMW (they are very limited though). I can't prove this but it's what I was told when I purchased a double spoke rear for my car (two weeks ago). They had a limited quantity of stamped & staggered in stock (Vancover warehouse). the price of them new is over $1200 each (rim alone).

Your price with tires is excellent - I'd pay that for those rims (in good condition).

dtm1 08-11-2007 07:01 PM

got these on my #32 as well. Best looking OEM wheel for the E36 *love* + light and staggered *th-up* *th-up* *th-up*
I would be interested in picking up another set but not right now.

TTT

Shock(/\)ave 04-23-2008 01:10 AM

Now that spring is here these wheels are back on my 325iS... and are back on sale. *th-up*

Anyone interested in seeing these in person is welcome to look them over at the next meet in Woodbridge on Friday night.

Kickcity 04-23-2008 02:19 AM

pic plz!

Shock(/\)ave 06-10-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shock(/\)ave (Post 1041481)
I love the way these wheels look on my 325iS - they're the nicest looking part of the whole car :D - and I'm in no hurry to sell them.

I may not be in a hurry but this thread is close to two years old now - I'm looking to set a forum record for the longest active for sale thread. :D

The 325iS these wheels were on was sold long ago but the wheels themselves are still available.

They now come wrapped in a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires with 50% tread in the rear and 95% tread in the front for the same price. ;)

JazzM 06-10-2009 03:14 PM

FYI, there are two versions of these, the polished ones and the painted ones. Which ones are these?

T.

Shock(/\)ave 06-10-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzM (Post 1312852)
FYI, there are two versions of these, the polished ones and the painted ones. Which ones are these?

There were actually three genuine variants of these forged wheels produced: painted with BMW MOTORSPORT lettering (offered only on early cars produced before December 1994 - about 15 cars in Canada), polished with BMW MOTORSPORT lettering (offered exclusively on the 1995 M3 GT in Europe) and polished with a small ///M decal (available from January 1995 and onwards and fairly common by comparison).

Here are some pictures of this exact set of wheels on my car with their former tires mounted:

http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/9...il2007chs4.jpg

http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/5...il2007axx0.jpg

I'll get good pictures of each wheel up tonight. *th-up*

JazzM 06-10-2009 04:15 PM

2 versions of stamped ones is what I was referring to.

T.

Shock(/\)ave 05-03-2010 06:48 PM

In the interest of moving these in this crappy economy I'm dropping the price to $1500 firm (Canadian dollars) for the set with tires and $1,250 firm (still Canadian dollars) for the set without tires picked up near Woodbridge.

You read that correctly: I now have two complete sets of these beautiful original forged wheels available for sale.

I'll still ship these anywhere in North America at your expense for actual shipping costs plus a nominal $25 for packing materials and my time.

BMWTED 05-03-2010 08:02 PM

Very nice

three28 05-03-2010 10:09 PM

whats the tread depth on the tires?