maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Thanks Adam: Armrest with Pics :) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92048)

Nascar318is 07-01-2007 04:40 PM

Thanks Adam: Armrest with Pics :)
 
My 4 hour trip and 2 timmies coffee to and from montreal with Adam Yesterday was worth it.
Got it, it was dirty. Cleaned her up really good, and got rid of that stupid peice of wood??? Anyway had to modify it a bit, to fit my setup.

Before:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98...s/100_1158.jpg

After:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98...s/100_1160.jpg

Side By Side:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a98...s/100_1159.jpg

Jamil20 07-02-2007 10:13 AM

Damn, you had to change the whole center console? :)

Now you don't have any cupholders! :)

chromius 07-02-2007 01:49 PM

Awesome, glad you got it in!

Nascar318is 07-02-2007 02:36 PM

Thanks man, the center console is longer then mine. But i do have a cupholder underneath the arm rest.

Adam that big plastic thin that was attached to the armrest...well it's gone. When I put it on the console was about 3-4 inches off of the carpeting.

chromius 07-02-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascar318is
Thanks man, the center console is longer then mine. But i do have a cupholder underneath the arm rest.

Adam that big plastic thin that was attached to the armrest...well it's gone. When I put it on the console was about 3-4 inches off of the carpeting.

Did you remove it completely or just cut it? does it still tilt even without it?

carjoe 07-02-2007 06:52 PM

Good for you! I can't imagine not having one. What else did you pick in Montreal?

Geez, yet another console I haven't seen. How many different ones did they friggin make? I've got 2 cupholders where the ashtray goes. Useless for anything but change.

ecuconnection 07-02-2007 08:53 PM

love it!! I will be the next to get one hopefully

Nascar318is 07-03-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chromius
Did you remove it completely or just cut it? does it still tilt even without it?


I cut it after where it screws into the the back on the console. It still tilts. But now I want the center console with the 2 cup holders and the change tray... lol

Jamil20 07-03-2007 12:29 PM

That thing is a pile of crap. You don't want it. My last E36 had those, and they were too small to fit anything in them. Plus they were made of this brittle plastic so both of them had holes in the bottom of them when the PO tried to force something in. The cup holders were also $33 each at the dealer. What a rip off.

chromius 07-03-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamil20
That thing is a pile of crap. You don't want it. My last E36 had those, and they were too small to fit anything in them. Plus they were made of this brittle plastic so both of them had holes in the bottom of them when the PO tried to force something in. The cup holders were also $33 each at the dealer. What a rip off.

Sounds like the e39 cup holders*shiner* Useless pieces of crap.

Nascar318is 07-03-2007 05:55 PM

Damn! Good to know..that sucks man..

everlast 07-04-2007 12:57 AM

Props for e34 / e30. Why try for something that shouldn't be?

chromius 07-04-2007 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by everlast
Props for e34 / e30. Why try for something that shouldn't be?

So true...If it's not gonna be done right, then just don't do it at all.

Nascar318is 07-17-2007 02:08 PM

How about this one from UUC? http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/cup_holder/ 9$ lol

oldskool3 07-18-2007 08:45 AM

Best cup holder Ive seen so far is the one Lee has from Bav auto. You have to have some where to hang it off the center console. works perfectly on the e34. According to bav auto it is a genuine BMW piece

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6388/cupop3.png

edit: nice deal on the armrest Tony


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014