maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels&Tires (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   guys...my rims arrived today, PLEASE HELP! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91859)

shogun328 06-27-2007 12:29 AM

guys...my rims arrived today, PLEASE HELP!
 
ok. the wheel specs are as follows...............

2(18X8) with 2" Lip & 2(18X9) with 3" Lip

38 Offset
Black Gloss Finish With Chrome Lip
Bolt Pattern: 5X120

Center Bore: 72.6MM

they arrived today and look HUGE and wide. maybe its just me but by looking at them they seem like they are way too WIDE for my car, at least the rear ones. the rear ones are my concern because they are 9inches. now my question is how the heck will i mount a tires on my rear rims without them rubbing? and what tire do you guys think i can mount and be safe with???

any input would really be appreciated. thanks guys

98Dinan3 06-27-2007 02:12 AM

my crystal ball shows me some fender rolling in your future...

INFAMOU$ 06-27-2007 10:14 AM

tire stretch :P
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...t=tire+stretch

Boots R 06-27-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INFAMOU$


bahahahahaha wtf?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ar_profile.jpg

INFAMOU$ 06-27-2007 01:54 PM

you like that don't you.. didn't you know that car is pure copper giving off it's natural oxidizing effect? HAHA! Also I love how this guy has posted 3 threads on this issue with his rims.. one is enough!

T.Dot_E30 06-27-2007 02:29 PM

dude post what damn car you have.

What's with ppl and asking for help but expecting others to read their mind?

Boots R 06-27-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INFAMOU$
you like that don't you.. didn't you know that car is pure copper giving off it's natural oxidizing effect? HAHA! Also I love how this guy has posted 3 threads on this issue with his rims.. one is enough!

Dude, that's so haggard. lol it's like being proud of rust.

I feel bad for the owner. :D

T.Dot_E30 06-27-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boots R
Dude, that's so haggard. lol it's like being proud of rust.

I feel bad for the owner. :D

Nah thats much better than rust, copper jus needs to be polished very frequently or it turns like that, but its still a kool effect.

ZHP_Bimmer05 07-08-2007 08:33 PM

dude, what car u got, if its a e46 u can mount 235/35/19 in the front and 265/30/19 in the rear, but i need to use the Toyo Proxes T1-R cause the shape of the ends bend in. thats what i got on my car, there are some pics in this forum under "Iforged Aero Rims Installed"

iBUYuRENT 12-22-2007 11:55 AM

use a 225 40 18 front and a 255 35 18 rear. you will be good. no rubbing. and ur odomerter and gas comsumption stays the same. ;)

Axxe 12-23-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 (Post 1022892)
Nah thats much better than rust, copper jus needs to be polished very frequently or it turns like that, but its still a kool effect.

Nah, he did that on purpose.

Blades 12-23-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZHP_Bimmer05 (Post 1027372)
dude, what car u got, if its a e46 u can mount 235/35/19 in the front and 265/30/19 in the rear, but i need to use the Toyo Proxes T1-R cause the shape of the ends bend in. thats what i got on my car, there are some pics in this forum under "Iforged Aero Rims Installed"

you run 265/30/19 in the rear?? STFU .. show me a picture :eek:

Blades 12-23-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boots R (Post 1022886)
Dude, that's so haggard. lol it's like being proud of rust.

I feel bad for the owner. :D

ya but at least its dent free *th-up*

Mystikal 12-23-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBUYuRENT (Post 1091718)
use a 225 40 18 front and a 255 35 18 rear. you will be good. no rubbing. and ur odomerter and gas comsumption stays the same. ;)

Stop bumping old threads.

Jay


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.