maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   5 series (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   :: See? Fuel economy is relative... (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90720)

Qube 05-31-2007 12:03 AM

:: See? Fuel economy is relative...
 
1 Attachment(s)
So according to the gauge, car consumes the same amount of fuel at 200 kph as I do at 125 kph... that's just under 10l/100km heh. So yes, officer, I was attempting to conserve fuel you see... eco friendly. Honest!

.

Boots R 05-31-2007 12:07 AM

And then the officer will say: If it consumes the same amount of fuel at 125, why not go 125?

And then he'll hand you a nice ticket that will negate any fuel savings you made.

:D

Qube 05-31-2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boots R
And then the officer will say: If it consumes the same amount of fuel at 125, why not go 125?

And then he'll hand you a nice ticket that will negate any fuel savings you made.

:D

Okay okay... conserve fuel, save time, and outrun you, Officer. ;)

Oh and please, don't take this as a challenge on how fast to snap your speedo, I was actually seriously checking out the fuel consumption as reported by the gauge every 10kph increment.

Mohamed 525i 05-31-2007 06:59 AM

nice one

Axxe 05-31-2007 12:08 PM

LOL, that gauge is BULLSHIT. You're driving a brick on wheels, with a 3.5L fuel monster, you are definately NOT burning the same amount of gas @ 200 as you are at 125.

Qube 05-31-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe
LOL, that gauge is BULLSHIT. You're driving a brick on wheels, with a 3.5L fuel monster, you are definately NOT burning the same amount of gas @ 200 as you are at 125.

Hey, don't step on my fragile dream. It's the only way to justify it :)

chromius 05-31-2007 01:20 PM

You have to remember that that gauge isn't telling you how much gas you are consuming 'instantaneously', it's telling you how much fuel is being consumed per distance traveled (100km).

So there is no doubt the car is consuming way more fuel at 200km/h vs 125km/h, but it's consuming less/same 'overall' amount for the distance traveled because you are covering the distance in a shorter period of time.

Either way...cool shot*th-up*

Qube 05-31-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chromius
You have to remember that that gauge isn't telling you how much gas you are consuming 'instantaneously', it's telling you how much fuel is being consumed per distance traveled (100km).

So there is no doubt the car is consuming way more fuel at 200km/h vs 125km/h, but it's consuming less/same 'overall' amount for the distance traveled because you are covering the distance in a shorter period of time.

Either way...cool shot*th-up*

Ahhhhhh see now that makes sense. I would assume the same is true for the OBC test 2 (Current Consumption in litres / 100 km) and 3 (Current Consumption in litres / hour). Thanks.

windwagen 06-01-2007 02:21 AM

try taking your foot off the pedal at 200kph, and see what mileage you get :)

AceOfSpades 06-01-2007 12:22 PM

love the dash *love*

Qube 06-01-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2ozebozz
love the dash *love*

It's okay. The carbon weave sucks. I want red needles ;)

Darkness95m3 06-02-2007 12:23 PM

Reset the coputer and travel at 200KMH I'm sure there will be a big difference.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014