maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rides (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My New Toy! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81198)

chromius 11-18-2006 06:42 PM

My New Toy!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, just picked it up last week. 99' 540i 6 speed sport. Here are a few pics I just snapped today.:)

chromius 11-18-2006 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2...

chromius 11-18-2006 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
3...

chromius 11-18-2006 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
4...

chromius 11-18-2006 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
5...

Axxe 11-18-2006 06:54 PM

Very nice!! Any plans for it? Still keeping the E30?

chromius 11-18-2006 07:12 PM

Thanks Axxe, no imediate plans, since I have no more money:D But eventually I'll start with some minor things like clear corners, and it definitly needs a short throw shifter. Things like that to start.

As for the e30, it's gonna be going to a good friend of mine. I'll be sad to see it go, but at least I'll still be able to see it around, and chances are I'll still be doing all the work on it.:)

Bob Loblaw 11-18-2006 07:45 PM

Schwiiiing!

1BADBMW 11-18-2006 08:16 PM

sexy!!

Justin e36 11-18-2006 08:23 PM

Very nice.. why debadged?

Got one that looks just like it in the driveway. :) What color interior did you get, what options?.. Luxury or Business packages?

chromius 11-18-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin e36
Very nice.. why debadged?

Got one that looks just like it in the driveway. :) What color interior did you get, what options?.. Luxury or Business packages?

Thanks Justin. You may have to help me out with the e39 lingo though. I've been in the e30 world too long, and I think it only came in one package:) . This one didn't have the badge when I bought it, I heard somewhere that the badge was originally an option, but who knows. It may have been removed by the PO. I kinda like the look without it, plus I think most people would probably assume it's a 528 because it doesn't have a badge, so it would take them by surprise as I pull away:D

It has the sport package, and interior is black leather, with the premium comfort seats, I wanted the sport seats...but I can't have everything I guess.:) I'm still learning all the options that came on the e39's so you will have to tell me what the difference is between the luxury/business packages. I think it might have the business package because the deck has "business" stamped on it, but I'm really not sure.

It has heated seats, steering wheel, all those goodies. Split folding rear seats with ski bag passthrough, Xenon lights, 6 disc changer in the trunk. unfortunatly it has a tape player in the dash though:D

Thanks for the comments guys.

Seven 11-18-2006 09:24 PM

Sweet ride man ... congrats!

Justin e36 11-18-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chromius_e30
Thanks Justin. You may have to help me out with the e39 lingo though. I've been in the e30 world too long, and I think it only came in one package:) . This one didn't have the badge when I bought it, I heard somewhere that the badge was originally an option, but who knows. It may have been removed by the PO. I kinda like the look without it, plus I think most people would probably assume it's a 528 because it doesn't have a badge, so it would take them by surprise as I pull away:D

It has the sport package, and interior is black leather, with the premium comfort seats, I wanted the sport seats...but I can't have everything I guess.:) I'm still learning all the options that came on the e39's so you will have to tell me what the difference is between the luxury/business packages. I think it might have the business package because the deck has "business" stamped on it, but I'm really not sure.

It has heated seats, steering wheel, all those goodies. Split folding rear seats with ski bag passthrough, Xenon lights, 6 disc changer in the trunk. unfortunatly it has a tape player in the dash though:D

Thanks for the comments guys.

I don't think you have the sport package which was only available on the 540i in 2003. (which included M-Technic bumpers, suspension, and badges throughout the vehicle).

If you have the premium seats (18-way power adjustable with power headrest and the works) then you have the Luxury Package. Since the deck says Business Stereo you also have the Business Package which included the hand-free telephone capability.

Sound identical to my 540i in appearance/package except I have a tiptronic and uglier rims. :)

chromius 11-18-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin e36
I don't think you have the sport package which was only available on the 540i in 2003. (which included M-Technic bumpers, suspension, and badges throughout the vehicle).

If you have the premium seats (18-way power adjustable with power headrest and the works) then you have the Luxury Package. Since the deck says Business Stereo you also have the Business Package which included the hand-free telephone capability.

Sound identical to my 540i in appearance/package except I have a tiptronic and uglier rims. :)

Cool, thanks for the info. I do have those seats, so must have that package. But the thing is, It has the sport suspension, shadowline trim etc...and I thought that pretty much was the sport package.:confused: I've heard some references to the M-sport package. is there possibly two different "sport" packages?

I found this regarding the 99 540i, and other review sites say the same thing about the 540i. So I'm kinda confused now (not that that's hard:D )
"540i with six-speed manual amounts to a sports sedan. It comes standard with a sports package that includes a firmer suspension; this package is an expensive option on the other models. The sports suspension comes with firmer springs and shock absorbers, specially tuned anti-roll bars, 17-inch wheels and a 0.8-inch lower ride height."

jeremy 11-18-2006 09:58 PM

i love those cars!!! it won't take much too make that car even sexier!!!

congrats!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.