maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Detailing & Care (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Rim Cleaner! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80106)

mint 10-30-2006 07:30 PM

Rim Cleaner!

Hey Guys I just purchased some used BBS winter rims. They are in fair condition but do need alittle bit of elbow grease to clean them up. I will have to make the trip to Canadian Tire to get some rim cleaner spray. My question is what do you guys use from experience and what works best?

Cheers!

europrince 10-30-2006 07:40 PM

I'd use Meguiar's rim paste. It sells for like $10 at Canadian Tire and does wonders for oxidation on rims. It cleans up my rims wonderfully after winter abuse. The link below isn't the same label as what I had, but it gives you an idea.
http://www.meguiarscanada.com/index....action=detail&

fitz318is 10-30-2006 10:35 PM

For brake dust simple green does the job.

kerisabe 10-31-2006 11:45 AM

Check out MEGUIARS Wheel spray.. the color of the bottle is purple. They work amazing. And don't put 2 coats of WHEELWAX right after you clean the wheels. It'll keep the brakedust not to stick on the wheel surface. Easy cleaning. *th-up*

propr'one 11-07-2006 10:51 PM

negative.

never dull. read up on it, buy it, use it, done.

Mystikal 11-08-2006 02:08 PM

BMW Wheel Cleaner.

Cheap (dealer item), and by far the best I have ever tried. They just updated it this year too, so for those that only know the older spray type the new one is more like a gel...it's badass.

jeffrie 11-08-2006 11:08 PM

Cheapest and easiest to obtain is pool liner cleaner.
PM Smashed323 if you need specifics for product, but even hard core mucle car enthusiestes changed over after this guys' recomendations.

ZiMMie 11-10-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystikal
BMW Wheel Cleaner.

Cheap (dealer item), and by far the best I have ever tried. They just updated it this year too, so for those that only know the older spray type the new one is more like a gel...it's badass.

Wow that is great product. I have also tried EVERY wheel cleaner on our shelf and with this one, i was amazed cause i didnt even have to take a rag thru the spokes. jst spray it, let it sit and then water it off. and its only 9.99 @ dealer. Worth EVERY PENNY!!.

*th-up*

Axxe 11-12-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiMMie
Wow that is great product. I have also tried EVERY wheel cleaner on our shelf and with this one, i was amazed cause i didnt even have to take a rag thru the spokes. jst spray it, let it sit and then water it off. and its only 9.99 @ dealer. Worth EVERY PENNY!!.

*th-up*

Cool, I'll have to try that out next season. I've always been using castrol super clean + pressure washer. Cleans weaves really nicely, but eats paint.

Mystikal 11-12-2006 04:03 PM

Glad to hear it worked well man, and yeah, you should be the expert on these cleaners.

paul christians 11-13-2006 01:12 AM

I am using 40/10/50 pro stuff,and what I mean is wheel acied. water and car soap....

Manimillion 11-16-2006 11:12 AM

I got little brake dust particles taht seem to be packed on my wheels, they are black dots on my wheels, how do I get them off? Do I really have to clay bar the wheels? I tried simple green, but didn't take all of it off, and I was too lazy to scrub the wheels for 2 hours each.

jeffrie 11-16-2006 04:36 PM

Pool liner cleaner will take that off in 2 min.

dbworld4k 11-16-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiMMie

*th-up*

Just bought this today from BMW Mississauga on my way back from campus. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and post the before and after pics *th-up*

Manimillion 11-17-2006 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrie
Pool liner cleaner will take that off in 2 min.

Where can I get pool liner cleaner? And what brand should I get? My wheels have clear coat on them, its not going to mess up the finish is it?