maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   monthly lease payment (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79664)

db. 10-21-2006 06:36 PM

monthly lease payment

i m considering to lease a 07 e90 and before going to the stealer to get some price quote, i would like to know how much are u guys paying rite now and with wht options

Gianpaolo_E46 10-21-2006 06:38 PM

with no money down, ur looking at about 600 tax-in for a base 323i

propr'one 10-21-2006 06:55 PM

tsk tsk. buy cars cash, if you can't afford em dont buy em

europrince 10-21-2006 07:36 PM

prop, some people can write leases off, others have money to spend and like a new car every 3 years. lets not paint everyone with the same brush. its easy to pay cash when you're buying a 10 or 15 yr old e36. most people don't have $30k+ to buy a new car cash. go easy on them, buddy.

europrince 10-21-2006 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gianpaolo_E46
with no money down, ur looking at about 600 tax-in for a base 323i

a buddy got the 325 with sport and premium packages, no money down, taxes in for $650. its his 3rd car with BMW of Mississauga, so they gave him a deal. he was over on mileage on his retured e46 330i and they didn't charge him.

propr'one 10-21-2006 08:20 PM

i didn't yell at anyone, just stated my opinion, that unless you KNOW you're gonna want a new car from the same manufactuer in 3 years, leasing is usually unwise, especially with no downpayment.

my car isn't 10 years old yet, but it doesn't matter, it wasn't expensive. But even that car, if i couldn't afford to buy it in cash i wouldn't buy it. Asking how much it costs to lease a luxury car with no downpayment is a question which probably represents a bad idea.

Gianpaolo_E46 10-21-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by europrince
a buddy got the 325 with sport and premium packages, no money down, taxes in for $650. its his 3rd car with BMW of Mississauga, so they gave him a deal. he was over on mileage on his retured e46 330i and they didn't charge him.

Thats pretty good, what lease rate did he get? any money off? we got my sister the e90 when it first came out so the lease rate was sky high. this was our 3rd or 4th bmw from maranello within 3 years so we got the usual discounts 0.5% off the lease rate and some $$ off the car. We pay like 580 or just under 600 taxes in for a 323i with preium package.

rodo 10-21-2006 10:37 PM

leasing makes a lot of sense. You pay, say, 4% lease rate, anyone that is good at business can get returns on investment greater than 4% so dropping 50k in a car which has 0 returns is dumb when you can invest it in something that'll represent more returns, not to mention that you get a new car every 3 years and have nothing to worry about

europrince 10-22-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gianpaolo_E46
Thats pretty good, what lease rate did he get? any money off? we got my sister the e90 when it first came out so the lease rate was sky high. this was our 3rd or 4th bmw from maranello within 3 years so we got the usual discounts 0.5% off the lease rate and some $$ off the car. We pay like 580 or just under 600 taxes in for a 323i with preium package.

Sorry, I don't know but I'll ask.

db. 10-22-2006 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by europrince
Sorry, I don't know but I'll ask.

pls update us on that, i m very interested to know as well, and sounds like he got a good deal on the e90 with those packages

dave328i 10-22-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodo
leasing makes a lot of sense. You pay, say, 4% lease rate, anyone that is good at business can get returns on investment greater than 4% so dropping 50k in a car which has 0 returns is dumb when you can invest it in something that'll represent more returns, not to mention that you get a new car every 3 years and have nothing to worry about

nothing to worry about? you have EVERYTHING to worry about

you have to watch your mileage, you have to do every single scheduled maintenance, if you dent it you have to pay to fix that, you have to replace the tires if theyre worn, you have to take care of the interior, basically they want the car back in mint condition

such a headache if you ask me

better off buying a car that's a few years old

europrince 10-22-2006 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave328i
nothing to worry about? you have EVERYTHING to worry about

you have to watch your mileage, you have to do every single scheduled maintenance, if you dent it you have to pay to fix that, you have to replace the tires if theyre worn, you have to take care of the interior, basically they want the car back in mint condition

such a headache if you ask me

better off buying a car that's a few years old

what, you wouldn't take care of your car if you owned it? you wouldn't replace worn tires or do scheduled maintenance if you owned it?

dave328i 10-22-2006 11:14 PM

of course

but it's more stressful when someone else owns it

rodo 10-22-2006 11:28 PM

are you kidding me? Maintenance is free, they DON"T expect it back in perfect condition, and I have experience with this. Goodluck selling a car, its so stresfull because no one wants to give you anything for it on trade. And you'd rather buy a car that's a few years old? Thats hardly a fair comparison. Plus you have to pay for repairs since you would probably have no warranty, and thats very costly on a bmw

dbworld4k 10-23-2006 12:34 AM

All this LEASING IS BADDDD stuff is pure bullshit.

We have two leased vehicles and don't break a sweat.. It makes perfect sense if you want to keep cycling through cars every few years, which we do. All this stuff about how it's a bad idea, simply because of the responsibilties (which - for crying out loud - are MINIMAL) is just garbage. Even the interest rate isn't a big hit to take.

Bottom line is that it isn't for everybody.

Gianpaolo, we got quoted roughly $850 or below that for leasing a 2007 E92 335i (sport, premium, navi) w/ 8K down from TCBMW.

Autohaus gave us $750 on a in stock 2006 330i w/ premium pkg.

Prices incl. tax. Keep in mind these qoutes were obtained during the August new-year rollout time, so they may be a bit lower than usual. Although this is winter and it's not exactly peak car buying season so you may still get a good deal out there. I highly advise you to look into BMW Autohaus (MANY owners recommended these guys and they're fabulous), parkview, or TCBMW. Don't even look at Budd's or Mississauga.

Cheers!