maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio/Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   My HK speakers are fucked. I need a direct replacement (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78913)

notjoe 10-06-2006 08:53 AM

My HK speakers are fucked. I need a direct replacement

Hey Guys,

Ever since i've installed my new deck i've blown the HK speakers which came with the car. I dont want to hack up the inside of the car and i dont want to change the amp which comes with the car so i am looking for door speakers which run on the same OHMs and would be a direct swap/replacement.

Anyone know of any such speakers?

Thanks

paul christians 10-06-2006 10:47 AM

^^^^they are to much $$$$,after market is cheaper to do.........

notjoe 10-06-2006 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul christians
^^^^they are to much $$$$,after market is cheaper to do.........

I rather aftermarkets which can handle more power :) My biggest problem (AFAIK) would be finding speakers which would handle the OHM rating of the AMP. I think its a non-standard 3 ohm per speaker if i'm not mistaken :(

paul christians 10-06-2006 11:04 AM

^^^you are right about them not bing standerd 3ohms,if I remmeber they 6ohms......

vadim321go 10-06-2006 12:12 PM

i say replace everything, buy half of it on ebay!

notjoe 10-07-2006 11:28 PM

So, i was talking to the guys who installed my alarm since they're a car audio shop and they quoted me $1500 to put in new speakers in the kick panels, doors, rears, rewire all the speakers and a 4 channl amp.

I dont know the exact details on the hardware but i'm thinking $1500 is waaaaaay too much! :(

Who do you guys suggest i go and see to get a quote? I want MB or Focal compoents and a nice amp to push it. I want a clean install and i dont want someone who is going to **** up my car.

paul christians 10-07-2006 11:33 PM

^^^that is not to much JOE,that is like 1/2 the of the cost of new 1s from BMW.What brand are they going to use for this set up??

notjoe 10-07-2006 11:37 PM

If i'm not mistaken they're going with the highend JBLs. I will find out the model and sizes of the speakers as well as with the amp.
Is it normal to completely rewire all the speaker wires? I thought you could pretty much use the existing speaker wire?

They Told me that they needed to run completely new speaker wire for each speaker. They're are 6 speakers getting replaced in total the 5.25's(5.50?) speakers in the read and in the kick panels as well as two new tweeters for the door.

paul christians 10-08-2006 12:14 AM

^^^yes is a good idea to the rewirig becusae of the other amp they are using.....

SpoolinS6 10-08-2006 05:00 AM

they for sure i will be using JBL GTO's is what i have i wouldent changed those speakers for nothing... hands down

Furious 10-09-2006 04:59 AM

wow 1500! seems fair if your talking about a decent set of component speakers all round and a 4 channel amp , complete rewire (it is nessecary) plus install. the car will sound so nice when its done, it will be much much better than your stock HK setup... BTW hit me up on MSN later regarding your HK system i need a part from it. lol

notjoe 10-09-2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furious
wow 1500! seems fair if your talking about a decent set of component speakers all round and a 4 channel amp , complete rewire (it is nessecary) plus install. the car will sound so nice when its done, it will be much much better than your stock HK setup... BTW hit me up on MSN later regarding your HK system i need a part from it. lol

I hit you up but i guess you're not around. Drop me a line when you're back.

It is a complete rewire, a new high quality 4 channel amp, and some really good components all around. I am thinking of maybe going with Focal speakers but i need to price them out.

Joe

paul christians 10-09-2006 07:18 PM

they are more money then that^^^^^^....

notjoe 10-09-2006 08:43 PM

how are they compared to MB Quarts or JBL GTOs?

paul christians 10-09-2006 11:18 PM

^^^they about the same,but yet so deffrent..MB-Qs are the brightest for highs,JBL GTOs are just clean like a studio and FOCALs are a flat in sound....I will talk to some and see if I can get some nice stuff I think...I am running some their stuff in car........