maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Water/Alcohol injection (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78512)

Bliss 09-28-2006 10:25 AM

Water/Alcohol injection
 
Anyone using this?, and what's your take on it?

Furious 09-28-2006 11:46 AM

not using it yet. but will be sometime next year. i know that Fab is running it, and Paul was before he parted his car.

i find for FI it to be a very usefull mod, especially with superchargers, heatsoak is one the two major killers for supercharger users. water alcohol helps cool the charge restoring your power. for the turbo guys WI is great for retarding detonation. i have yet to read anything about stock cars using it and having any substancial use for it.
than again maybe your hinting onto what your next project might be Bruce :)

Sickbimmer 09-28-2006 11:59 AM

It's usefull in disipating the heatsoak and doesn't run out as fast as some of you think. Mine last up to a month.

Blades 09-28-2006 12:05 PM

where would anyone get a system or the fluid (if mixed on your own what percentage)

Bliss 09-29-2006 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superM3
It's usefull in disipating the heatsoak and doesn't run out as fast as some of you think. Mine last up to a month.

When using it...does it inject manually?, or automatically when a certain temperature hits, or both? just doing some research on it.:)

propr'one 09-29-2006 03:33 AM

From aquamist website:

"Which Aquamist will suit my car?
All our kits are stand alone systems, it can be fitted to any turbo or supercharged engine.

We have three versions of water injection system.

System1s is triggered by boost only, the trigger point is determined by an adjustable pressure switch installed in the manifold (3-30psi).

System2s comes with an electronic controller (MF2), mappable between 2000-9000 RPM at 1000 intervals, load signal is either supplied by an adjustable pressure switch or a MAP sensor (not supplied) for a true 3-D mapping, water flow is progressive with pressure. The water line is pre-pressuised (adjustable between 4-8bars) at start up, flow quantity is regulated by a solenoid valve via MF2.

System2c is designed for users with their own custom ECU, mainly for racing cars. System comes without electronic controller.

Apart from effectively cooling the inlet charge, water's main contribution is predominately used for in-cylinder cooling and detonation control. Once the detonation is under control, the boost can then be increased further to achieve more power gain. "

Bliss 09-29-2006 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one
From aquamist website:

"Which Aquamist will suit my car?
All our kits are stand alone systems, it can be fitted to any turbo or supercharged engine.

We have three versions of water injection system.

System1s is triggered by boost only, the trigger point is determined by an adjustable pressure switch installed in the manifold (3-30psi).

System2s comes with an electronic controller (MF2), mappable between 2000-9000 RPM at 1000 intervals, load signal is either supplied by an adjustable pressure switch or a MAP sensor (not supplied) for a true 3-D mapping, water flow is progressive with pressure. The water line is pre-pressuised (adjustable between 4-8bars) at start up, flow quantity is regulated by a solenoid valve via MF2.

System2c is designed for users with their own custom ECU, mainly for racing cars. System comes without electronic controller.

Apart from effectively cooling the inlet charge, water's main contribution is predominately used for in-cylinder cooling and detonation control. Once the detonation is under control, the boost can then be increased further to achieve more power gain. "

Thanks propr'one.

Fab, how is the AA one triggered?

paul 09-29-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bliss
When using it...does it inject manually?, or automatically when a certain temperature hits, or both? just doing some research on it.:)

when u hit boost
you mix it urself (real cheap)
Also bumps up octane a bit

I still have my kit forsale it was used for 3 mounths

Sickbimmer 09-29-2006 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bliss
Thanks propr'one.

Fab, how is the AA one triggered?

I has a on/off switch and when in the on position it's activated by boost. About 3/4 psi.

$500bimmer 09-29-2006 08:11 PM

paul did u get my pm?

Bliss 10-07-2006 01:08 PM

Thanks for the info*th-up*

JMW 10-07-2006 02:26 PM

yee...my kits not gunna come with this :(
but it does with the kit for the e46


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.