maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   JLevi Streetwerks Stage 1 Supercharger Kit ???? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77930)

dtthiaga 09-18-2006 11:44 AM

JLevi Streetwerks Stage 1 Supercharger Kit ????

Has anyone used the "Stage 1 Supercharger Kit for the BMW E46 3 Series"
from JLEVI?

JLEVI Streetwerks

$5000.00 USD

E46 325 (01-05)
6.0 psi VF-Engineeering Supercharger System.
HP 184 to 285
Torque 175 to 235

E46 330 (01-05)
6.0 psi VF-Engineeering Supercharger System.
HP 225 to 330
Torque 214 to 275

I guess it uses the "Vortech V2 Super Quite SC trim polished supercharger".

Is this a good sytem? Not looking of crazy power; looking for lower psi and more reliability. :)

SickFinga 09-18-2006 12:21 PM

Its not their system, they are just reselling VF-Engineering kits
http://www.vf-engineering.com/

dtthiaga 09-18-2006 12:24 PM

Yes, it is a vf-engineering product.

JLEVI Streetwerks seems to be pretty good (sponsor on e46fanatics.com).

Any feedback about vf-engineering product? Is it worth it?

Quack 09-18-2006 12:40 PM

VF Engineering is pretty good, their S/C kits are pretty much the same with most S/C kits out there, but their software doesn't even come close to using its full potential, so if you aren't worry about getting all the power you can than I say go for it.

Furious 09-18-2006 01:16 PM

they ok, they are a sponsor on my forum and have been for a while. i had one issue with them but other than that they have been good.

dtthiaga 09-18-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quack
VF Engineering is pretty good, their S/C kits are pretty much the same with most S/C kits out there, but their software doesn't even come close to using its full potential, so if you aren't worry about getting all the power you can than I say go for it.

That's what I was hoping for. I want more power, but still stay fairly reliable. My motor only has 50,000KM and it's all highway. I should be fine... I hope. :)

If I want something similar, could it be done cheaper?

Should I change the clutch to something better? My release bearing went under warranty, and BMW put a new clutch kit about 6000KM ago. I usually get about 200,000KM on a clutch.

Thanks for the Info.

Furious 09-18-2006 04:12 PM

most kits are made for or specifically for a stock car setup including your clutch. some will tell you that it is requirede to upgrade specific parts of your car. stage 1 setups are typically ok for a stock car, you should be fine

notjoe 09-18-2006 04:51 PM

If your car is still under warranty then adding the SC Kit will void the remaining warranty. You might want to wait until it's expired before you consider going the FI route.

That being said if you're willing to spend more coin you can get a Dinan SC Kit which won't void whatever warranty you have left.

cisco911 09-19-2006 04:06 PM

^^^dinan??? With the money you spend on a dinan SC, you can buy a SC kit and stil have a shitload of money left over for repairs and more mods!!!

notjoe 09-19-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cisco911
^^^dinan??? With the money you spend on a dinan SC, you can buy a SC kit and stil have a shitload of money left over for repairs and more mods!!!

I'm not saying its worth it all i'm saying is it wont void the warrenty on the car. Whether he cares about that or not is a different story. I just wanted to put it out there and make him aware of it ;)

Jon@Bimmersport 10-01-2006 02:56 PM

VF engineering is a quality product, their warranty is really amazing as well. At bimmersport we have a good relationship with VF our shop is full of vortech based S/C bmws, you should give us a call..you wont be dissapointed. :)

JMW 10-01-2006 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notjoe
If your car is still under warranty then adding the SC Kit will void the remaining warranty. You might want to wait until it's expired before you consider going the FI route.

That being said if you're willing to spend more coin you can get a Dinan SC Kit which won't void whatever warranty you have left.

true, however the VK kit comes with a three year warentee on the kit..as well as unlimited km warunettee for the three years.....they look great, have decent power, and arnt too much money, go for it

JMW 10-01-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny_blaze
VF engineering is a quality product, their warranty is really amazing as well. At bimmersport we have a good relationship with VF our shop is full of vortech based S/C bmws, you should give us a call..you wont be dissapointed. :)

and yes...its the kit we suggest at bimmersport...
look out for a pure gq surprise, tuned of course by bimmersport within the month *wave*

dtthiaga 10-02-2006 09:40 AM

pure gq surprise

1 Attachment(s)
pure gq surprise.... you mean this kind... :) (see pick below)

The car is out of Warranty, so Dinan is out of the question. I just had the car inspected again, and they say it is mint. If an IS350 manual doesn't come out, I will probably have to SC the little car. :)

JMW 10-02-2006 12:01 PM

lmfao
noo a different kind