maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio/Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   cheap places (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76028)

McMattMan 08-11-2006 07:52 PM

cheap places

anyone know any cheap places in the GTA for car audio??? so far the cheapest place i know is big pete's .. if you go in there and you have no clue he will rip the shit out of you .. but if you kno exactly what your talkni about it ends up being alot cheaper...

vadim321go 08-12-2006 08:28 PM

audio heaven in richmond hill is good, iv gotten a whole bunch of stuff there and got all my installs done there. great quality and prices

McMattMan 08-14-2006 02:49 AM

what kind of system did u get there n how much did u pay?

propr'one 08-14-2006 10:32 AM

honestly, buy audio components used. They cost 1/3 as much and generally are just as good. I paid like 100$ for my amp, stole my sub box off a friend of mine, and have used various subs (all of which i blew cause im an idiot:P, but that's unrelated i swear:idea: )

McMattMan 08-14-2006 12:28 PM

lol well in that case.. im looking for someone selling a square kicker , like an L5 or an L7.... if anyone knows of someone seeling one let me know...

europrince 08-14-2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMattMan
anyone know any cheap places in the GTA for car audio??? so far the cheapest place i know is big pete's .. if you go in there and you have no clue he will rip the shit out of you .. but if you kno exactly what your talkni about it ends up being alot cheaper...

Sounds like if you know what you want, you already have a cheap place.

McMattMan 08-14-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by europrince
Sounds like if you know what you want, you already have a cheap place.

im sure theres places cheaper though...

paul christians 08-14-2006 09:09 PM

WOW,that is all I can say here,ONE more thing too, you get what you pay for........cheers.....

T.Dot_E30 08-14-2006 09:49 PM

Learn how to do it yourself, you can't get any cheaper than that.

"You want something done right, you gotta do it urself."

i've never paid anyone to do anything on my car.

Car Audio is easy.

paul christians 08-15-2006 01:43 AM

^^^yes it is,but custom is not.......

Gamite 08-15-2006 01:46 AM

I think no matter how much you want to do it yourself, at a certain point, you'll have to pay someone somewhere down the road.

I wouldn't say car audio is easy, especially for someone who hasn't done it before. I had to get my friend to help me out the first time.

Mattman, There's only so much someone can do you in terms of audio, in the end, it really depends on what sounds good to you!

Have you decided on what you want? Brands? How much you want to spend?

McMattMan 08-16-2006 03:19 AM

well im looking for a decent system.. im not sure on spekaers amp or deck but im looking towards a square kicker sub...

brent-E30 08-22-2006 09:36 AM

Quote:

How much you want to spend?
yes thats the big question. i'v put in many, many systems i get allmost all my car audio at just over dealer cost (not the best example but i can get you a clarion 1500 mono sub amp for around 500$) so if you wanted someone else to install the system for a good price, let me know and i can give you a price. if not, one good caraudio place is newmarket...custom audio video is the name of it if you need there number let me know. good luck*th-up*

paul christians 08-22-2006 10:36 AM

What ever way you go, just do it the right way and have fun on the way.....There is alot of ok shops out there but most of them cut to many cornors, and I do not like that at all.......

tominizer 08-22-2006 02:32 PM

Why a square kicker ???

BTW, used is ok........ as long as it hasn't had the snot kicked out of it. If it has, even free is too much as the hassles of installed and then de-install plus your time just ain't worth it. You just end up having to replace the crap.

I may have some decent used stuff kicking around reasonably cheap. Drop me a PM.

T