maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio/Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   going to paint car next year..colors ? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7363)

jeremy 11-12-2002 12:37 AM

going to paint car next year..colors ?

here's the deal, i'm going to paint my car next year...anybody got any ideas for a color ? i've seen two i like so far and i DEFINTELY wont go black..(looks nasty with the rieger kit)

1. audi-norgano pearl blue metalic...
2. porsche-orange red pearl metalic...

sorry i dont have a sample to post...any ideas... ?

Magnum 11-12-2002 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
how about this color?

Kal 11-12-2002 02:39 PM

go with a candy paint job ... I don't see a lot of bimmers with them...the paint blings even when the car is dirty...I have a candy colour paint job on my car and i get a lot of compliments on it

get candy colours from PPG paint....I think they have one of the nicest selection (not too big of a selection but nice colours nonetheless)

kal

p.s. why r u gonna change ur paint anyhow?! if u ask me ..ur colour is sweeet (from what i can tell in ur sig)

jeremy 11-12-2002 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kal
go with a candy paint job ... I don't see a lot of bimmers with them...the paint blings even when the car is dirty...I have a candy colour paint job on my car and i get a lot of compliments on it

get candy colours from PPG paint....I think they have one of the nicest selection (not too big of a selection but nice colours nonetheless)

kal

p.s. why r u gonna change ur paint anyhow?! if u ask me ..ur colour is sweeet (from what i can tell in ur sig)

i have a bit of rust forming around the sunroof and i ran out of paint ( i had some left over)...to buy a pint of my paint is like 500.00 my cost as a oem facility ( i got it for free the first time)....if i go with a pearl or candy color i could save a ton of money...show me some pics if you got em'...i was thinkin candy orange ?

djcontra 11-12-2002 06:30 PM

i like the colour you have now
(even though i havent seen it in person yet)

but i guess i'd go with the orange because it's not too far off of what you have right now.
With the blue, it'll just look too much like randy's i think

Lil'Smoothie 11-12-2002 06:42 PM

Dakar Yellow!

jeremy 11-12-2002 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by djcontra
i like the colour you have now
(even though i havent seen it in person yet)

but i guess i'd go with the orange because it's not too far off of what you have right now.
With the blue, it'll just look too much like randy's i think

i agree...thats why i am so hesitant on blue.,,,not that his car isnt sick, but i dont want to look like i copied him..

bimmermafia 11-12-2002 07:18 PM

i saw go with the new jetta blue laguna seca i believe its callled its mint nice and bright with a pearl in it

Billy

BMW BMXer 11-12-2002 07:22 PM

Techno Violet
or
Carbon black

My car was so close to being those colors... infact my recipet says carbon black :huh?:

Jase 11-12-2002 07:46 PM

how about that orange/yellow on new m3's it looks good. Audi has some nice pearls on s4's from a few years ago.. I'll see if I can find a pic of that orange/yellow. It is not drakar yellow I am thinking of either. You also have to remember your interior colour when you paint it.
let me know what you find out about that paint...
Jase

Jase 11-12-2002 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this yellow

jeremy 11-12-2002 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jase
this yellow
not bad...the interior can be easily changed..

bmwm5lover 11-12-2002 09:25 PM

red.............*love*

jeremy 11-12-2002 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bmwm5lover
red.............*love*
i hate red, i think the paint looks too red, thats why i want to paint it

Jase 11-12-2002 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here are a few for ya