maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio/Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   kameleon paint (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7324)

Jase 11-10-2002 08:38 PM

kameleon paint

Anyone knows the in's and out's of kameleon paint.I am looking into repainting my e30 since I have done some body work. I saw "house of kolor" kemelon flakes. I am thinking of using it to paint my car.It is far less expensive than kameleon paint itself. Here is a demonstration of a colour change .
I think it is SICK....*mw* . Haven't figured out where to buy it yet. I was hoping for copper to blue or blue to red ...but they don't make it.. I figure I can add some ICE FLAKE and intenseify the effect or the neon from house of kolor..I don't know since I am not a painter..any help???. I finnally got the kit I am buying down pat now it is just the paint

http://www.innate.com/About%20Us/Col...lor_change.htm

Jon@Bimmersport 11-10-2002 09:59 PM

your gonna spend 10x the amount your car costs on the paint alone

bimmermafia 11-10-2002 10:14 PM

yeah that paint job is big money

Billy

Jase 11-10-2002 10:30 PM

well I found that the kameleon flake is about 500 cdn
I need to paint the car with a base of black . ( 150cdn) kameleon flake( 500) and clear it ( 200 cdn) 850 cdn for pain that is only 300 more than last time ..I don't see where it is 10x more than my car is worth...check the link it is FLAKE not the PAINT ITSELF.
I think it will look SICK on my car...with a e46 update nose mtech sides and a reiger gts rear.

Eurostyle 11-11-2002 12:07 AM

From what I know, the materials alone are about $1500, and you need PERFECT body work and a VERY good painter to spray the car. If you do it cheap, that paint will show all the imperfections on the body...

M50E30 11-11-2002 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
*no-no*

For god's sake put down the weed man! This aint the '70's! Colour changing paint/flakes is for girls (sorry ladies) and queers (sorry ass pirates). :rolleyes:

Next thing you know you will be putting an exhaust tip like this...

Eurostyle 11-11-2002 12:54 AM

HA HAAAAA!!!!! This tip is the funniest S@#T I have seen IN A LONG time!!!!!:D :D :D

Jase 11-11-2002 02:37 AM

hey buddy!! I didn't tell you how to paint your car...
Quote:

For god's sake put down the weed man! This aint the '70's! Colour changing paint/flakes is for girls (sorry ladies) and queers (sorry ass pirates).
and I am not lookin for cheap shots . I happen to like the kameleon paint..I don't recall askin if you liked it .If any of you didn't notice that jeremy 's car is heavy in pearl. gives it kind of a color changing effect. If you don't believe the price of the flake go to www.houseofkolorcanada.com.
LIKE I SAID IT COST LIKE A TENTH of the real kameleon paint.
I am not looking for a car the same as the rest of the guys on the site...Hence the paint. you might want to watch who you call queer...that goes beyond insulting my taste in paint
*drink*

Jase 11-11-2002 02:53 AM

good point about the body work and painter. But I still know the cost of material is not 1500. If it was the paint it is about 480 us a quart. but the flake is only 170 an Oz. I wanted a silver car with a blue hue to it but they don't make it. I was told it would be a lot cheaper to use a silver base and a blue metal flake. but it isn't noticable enough.
Thanks to the guys with the imput I asked for
Jase

Slowered318 11-11-2002 03:36 AM

Why don't you just stick with the black... it looks really good on the picture and shows the E30 really well. cameleon paint is ok, but it olny looks right on a lowrider or some heavly sooped up car. Just my opinion but i wouldn't bother with it.

:rolleyes:

Jase 11-11-2002 03:59 AM

I was going to just leave it but I saw the kit I like in black. It dosen't show too well In that colour. Then I saw another I like in black and ...same thing. I figured I wanted to go base clear anyway so...Why not go all out...Problem is I haven't found one shop who will touch the stuff.So I might be forced to leave it for now.

Jon@Bimmersport 11-11-2002 08:39 AM

get a re-spray of cosmos black if ur paint is ****ed, but kameleon on an e30? i dunno man

mkgino 11-11-2002 08:46 AM

Ive seen it done to an M3 before. It was an E36 and I saw him on the side of the road on Hwy 7 in brampton. I think it was cool on that car, it changed from like purple to red and stuff. It wasent bad because it was tastefully done. On your car I say do whatever floats your boat, but Im not too sure it will look too hot IMO. But its your choice and that is a good price!*th-up*

maverick 11-11-2002 01:27 PM

that car in brampton was done down the road from me unless you saw another one. take a close look if you get the chance HACK its a automatic 325I looks like a$$. the paint alone the guy was telling me was $2000 before it was even applied.:puke:

mkgino 11-11-2002 03:20 PM

The car I saw though was a 2 door, and he had the M3 badge on the back......