maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio/Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Tsunami Speakers BEWARE (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7209)

maverick 11-07-2002 03:37 PM

Tsunami Speakers BEWARE

There are some people pedaling Tsunami speakers out of the back of vans and such. these people claim that the company loaded them with 2 many speakers they have a FAKE recipt and everything. they come in boxes say liqued cooled blah blah blah have the proper grills and 'look" like the real deal with the emblem on the speaker.(its a sticker look real close) Anyway DO NOT BUY THESE SPEAKERS they will tell you they are selling them for about $300 or so. these speakers are flea market speakers dressed up they have a 3" magnet on the back which will blow if you put any power to them. Sorry if you bought any out of the back of a truck pull out the speaker take a look for your self.
*uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *uzi*

djcontra 11-07-2002 04:38 PM

hehe i've never bought anything from those guys that approach you with speakers and shit in the back of their vans in fear of it being a police officer undercover.
doesn't surprise me that it's all garbage anyway

maverick 11-07-2002 04:40 PM

ahh ive just heard that some people have bought them and I khnow that they were in Oakville last week.

Polish 11-07-2002 05:05 PM

NO WAY!!!!

NO WONDER THEY WERE SO CHEAP, ****, i knew i shouldnt have bought them, it was too good to be true :mad: :mad: :mad:

maverick 11-07-2002 05:08 PM

pull out the main speaker and check the magnet will tell you right away. this is just what I heard I wanted to let everyone know guess I was a little late. sorry man*thmbsdwn*

Polish 11-07-2002 05:09 PM

lol, sorry man, i was just ****ing around *devil*

but thanks for the heads up, i need speakers so i prob would have bought them if i had the chance

thanks

*wave*

tlaselva 11-07-2002 05:26 PM

These speakers for sale from the back of a van have been going on for years. I know a friend of mine who bought a pair of these speakers about 10 years ago for $300 dollars.

They have it all set up to convince you that these are more than what you’re paying for.

These speakers compromise a woofer, mid range and a tweeter, likely not worth more than $20 dollars all together. The boxes are wafer board coated with fake wood laminate, with some fancy stickers.

These speakers realistically are worth $100 dollars for the parts and labor involved in assembling them. At $300 dollars they’re a rip-off. *no-no*

I still have the two gutted speaker boxes in my basement, which I use for a seat whenever I need one. They only lasted 3 months at my friend’s house before he blew the tweeter with a 60W amplifier. :rolleyes:

maverick 11-08-2002 07:47 AM

good good
If I can save one unsuspecting customer, then I have done my job..LOL