maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Videos and Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How to kill yourself in a SUV... (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72035)

X5HogTown 05-24-2006 10:36 PM

How to kill yourself in a SUV...

Steering back onto the highway at a high rate of speed kills.

CNN

Understated 05-24-2006 10:51 PM

ouch...looks like the tires caught gravel or some sort of dirt that caused it to loose traction and then boom :(

bmdbley'sBro 05-25-2006 01:27 AM

"ouch" indeed *sad*

lots of people die every year doing that: swerving from idiots, deer, etc/
I think he Overreacted, tried a sports car move in a SUV!

the suv should've just hit that car.

BMW_Ryan 05-25-2006 01:20 PM

I saw that story on the news last night. It was a 28 yar old woman in the SUV and she just noticed the car coming over and reacted quickly. Obviously it wasn't the right reaction, and despite the horrific rollover(s), she survived. I've had an asshole or two almost drift into me. I hit the brakes in my situations, maybe that would have been better. She would have maybe gotten clipped and not rolled?

SickFinga 05-25-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro
"ouch" indeed *sad*

lots of people die every year doing that: swerving from idiots, deer, etc/
I think he Overreacted, tried a sports car move in a SUV!

the suv should've just hit that car.

She did not overract there, she did what 99% of us would do.
When people swerve away, it is due to a reflex. You dont even think about it, you just do it.

What's sad, the person who caused the accident didn't even pull over.

JPBimmer 05-25-2006 06:22 PM

the person who caused the accident forgot to look beside him when changin lanes...
moron!

jeffrie 05-25-2006 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickFinga
She did not overract there, she did what 99% of us would do.
When people swerve away, it is due to a reflex. You dont even think about it, you just do it.

What's sad, the person who caused the accident didn't even pull over.

I'd think 99% of us would have slammed on the breaks and let them over which she never did. At least that was the reflex action I did today on the hyway with this exact scenario with out the roll over/carnage & debris...

bimmer_02 05-26-2006 05:20 AM

i think i would'v did the same... but now that i saw this clip, im gona stay on the gravel after i get on it :P Cuz no way the brakes will be responsive enough at the speed.

SickFinga 05-26-2006 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrie
I'd think 99% of us would have slammed on the breaks and let them over which she never did. At least that was the reflex action I did today on the hyway with this exact scenario with out the roll over/carnage & debris...

Please, you hit the brakes and swerve.
Ive been cut off many times.
Once so badly, I got off the road drove through the sidewalk, and almost crashed into a fence.
Good thing there were no pedestrians on the sidewalk.

So yeah, I doubt if anyone cut you off, or didnt see you while changing lanes you didnt try to swerve away from the car.

jeffrie 05-26-2006 07:02 AM

Geuss I'm the 1%.

Nascar318is 05-29-2006 09:48 AM

It depends on the scenario, she saw the car merging into her lane( the car obviously never checked their blindspot) and reacted by swerving...this could happen to anybody, also she could have hit the brakes, or do what I did and try to speed up..

This happened to me last year, I never swerved(the guys nose was at the back of my drivers door) so I tried to spped up and he still hit me.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...light=accident

It burns my a$$ when these people don't check their blind spots, especially on a 3+ lane highway...

M3ti Compact 05-29-2006 08:53 PM

Just be aware of people around you.

I've had this happen to me so many times, driving a car, and on my bike. I just lay on the horn, except with the bike where I can move over the entire lane and accellerate away. I had one time where the car was so close I punched the guy's windshield.

But just keep in mind, if you don't hit them, they will drive off while you have yourself a single car accident. Since you drive a souped up car, everyone will automatically assume you were street racing, the cops will give you a careless, and your insurance would screw you over.

jeffrie 05-30-2006 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
Just be aware of people around you.

I've had this happen to me so many times, driving a car, and on my bike. I just lay on the horn, except with the bike where I can move over the entire lane and accellerate away. I had one time where the car was so close I punched the guy's windshield.

But just keep in mind, if you don't hit them, they will drive off while you have yourself a single car accident. Since you drive a souped up car, everyone will automatically assume you were street racing, the cops will give you a careless, and your insurance would screw you over.

Good point, especialy with all the lovly non-alert cellphone users who do this to others on a daily basis (I know no-one who this hasn't happed to). Maybe if startled enough times via horn or a crack on their window the'll smarten up.

DriveItSideways 06-17-2006 02:36 PM

aww the vid is gone :( i wanna see this